Mavic 2 Car charger - Can i use a 14.8v lipo to power it
654 4 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dec01123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23428 ft

What is the maximum DC voltage you can connect the Mavic 2 car charger to?

On the label of the charger it says 14v 6.5A

Would connecting it to a 14.8v 4cell 10000mAh 25c LIPO which when fully charged reads over 15 volts do any harm?
2018-9-29
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

I don't think that you will hurt anything by trying. I expect the charger has an upper and lower limit where it just turns off.

That's how the original Mavic car charger worked. However, there were so many complaints that this one may be different.
2018-9-29
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. Sorry that we're not recommending to use any third party accessories due to it may affect the performance of our DJI Products. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-30
Use props
Dec01123
lvl.2
Flight distance : 23428 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Tony it's not a 3rd party accessory. Think of it as Just a slightly higher voltage car battery I want to consider plugging the car charger that came with the fly more kit to for reliable field charging as it seems the vehicle battery really needs the engine running to support charging with the dji car charger.

On DJI charger spec sheet it says your car charger can accept up to 16v DC input.

A 4s Lipo would peak at 16.7v on a full charge.

So adding a series rectifier diode to.the battery side of the circuit will provid the 0.7v voltage drop making sure the charger only sees a maximum of 16v as per the spec.

A volt meter with an alarm on the lipo to warn when maximum discharge is reached will protect the lipo, and a few initial.chexks.with a multimeter will confirm the 16v being provided at full charge.

Sorry , I initially.made then post as I could not find the spec on the dji charger. I will post a photo of the solution once I have assembled it

2018-9-30
Use props
R&L Aerial photography
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can try it but you can only charge the mavic battery one time, lipo batteries are considered empty when they get down to 3.20 volts per cell. Any lower and they will be ruined..
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules