Autonomous flight- Litchi or Autopilot?
5017 14 2018-9-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike Tshikwara
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805148 ft

Im interested in trying to preprogram fights along waypoints, so that my wife (who has no interest in flying a drone) can launch it and recover the spark. I wish to program a path and shooting instructions so that I can go sailing, and she can launch it etc, and we end up with drone footage. Has anyone had any experience of either Litchi or Autopilot for waypoint programming, and if so, what are the recommendations/ thoughts?

cheers

2018-9-29
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

I have used Autopilot successfully with the Spark. Being able to pre-program waypoints before going to a location helps to make more efficient use of the Spark's limited battery life, and I find the footage is usually much smoother than I could achieve manually. Automated flights can be changed on the fly in real time and once you get the hang of the interface you will find you will also get great results. Autopilot is IOS only, Android users tend to use Litchi.
2018-9-29
Use props
dansmar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422149 ft
United States

Spark pro -a lot cheaper and does a great job (iOS) and for android I use redwaypoint (free) and the dji go 4 mod app (free) all support way points.

My favorite is spark pro - great interface and smooth panning
2018-9-29
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Recommend litchi
2018-9-30
Use props
Mike Tshikwara
lvl.2
Flight distance : 805148 ft

thanks everyone, seems a spread of opinion. As long as they fly a way point - flight plan, I'll be happy.
cheers
2018-9-30
Use props
spookster
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419649 ft
Germany

litchi and red waypoint work both great on android.
2018-9-30
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

The only one I've used is Litchi and it works great.  Unfortunately it isn't the cheapest of the bunch, but I think it has the longest track record out there.  Lots of Litchi videos available out on YouTube to watch to get an idea of how it works.  I like being able to do initial flight plans on the big screen of my computer via their website and then being able to easily access those in the app on my phone and being able to refine them while in the field at the site location.
2018-9-30
Use props
pmshop
First Officer
Flight distance : 8073271 ft
  • >>>

Litchi easy to use - as the title says and description...
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I would like to have an additional information that using any third party application may void the warranty in any case that the drone will experience an incident. Please have a safe flight. Thank you for understanding.
2018-9-30
Use props
Cdotc Cprimec
New

Switzerland

I have also recently tried Litchi. I was disappointed by the fact that gimbal pitch to focus a POI is only working if there is contact with the remote. I was wondering whether this is also true with Autopilot. I could not find this info easily in the net. Thanks for your reply
2018-10-14
Use props
driverman930
lvl.3
Flight distance : 93865 ft
United States

litchi is the one I use and has worked great every time I set a mission. There some great U tube videos to watch. Explains how to set up and use the app.
2018-10-14
Use props
Greg Glasson
Second Officer
Flight distance : 284843 ft
Australia

Cdotc Cprimec Posted at 2018-10-14 01:24
I have also recently tried Litchi. I was disappointed by the fact that gimbal pitch to focus a POI is only working if there is contact with the remote. I was wondering whether this is also true with Autopilot. I could not find this info easily in the net. Thanks for your reply

There is a LCMC (lost connection mission continuance?) mode on Autopilot but I haven't tried it yet. The online manual says there are limitations on the functions during this mode
2018-10-14
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Litchi, not only for waypoints but also for smooth circles in poi and flawless follow me.
2018-10-15
Use props
fansdcef54b6
New

United States

Hello Everyone, I have the Phantom 4 Pro 2.0 with the RC that has the built-in screen. I have had no luck at all letting Litchi to connect to my drone. Does anyone have suggestions? Please help!
2019-10-22
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Sorry, didn't check the date
2019-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now