Altitude limit...?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft

It's been quite a while since I've been on the forums...been quite busy and time has gotten away from me.  I hadn't flown my Phantom 3 Pro in quite some time too...I had a problem with the remote.  Both of the joysticks had broken plastic pieces where they are mounted and I recently opened up the remote and fixed the problem with silicone.  But here is my issue.  I did the updates not long ago...since I hadn't flown it in about a year.  When I got it out and flew it yesterday....I took off and flew straight up.  Not long after takeoff I looked at the display and it showed that my altitude was 560 feet.  Every time I have ever flown before....it stopped at 400 feet and I got the message that the altitute had reached it's limit of 400'.  I got no message yesterday and it would probably have kept on going up...but I stopped and brought it back down.  I then brought it back down and landed it to see what the altitude said...and it was back to 0...so the altitude was not reading wrong.  Has something changed as far as an altitude limit on our birds?
2018-9-30
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

In the settings you can set the max altitude to 400 feet.
It sounds like when you did the upgrade this setting may have been reset.
2018-9-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Nothing has changed.
You can check in the app settings to see what (if any) Max Altitude limit has been set.
But remember that the number there is metres so to set a limit of 400 ft, you would need to set 120 metres (approx) as the Max Altitude limit
2018-9-30
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

or even 122m   that 6ft makes all the difference  
2018-9-30
Use props
Quadifier
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2664 ft

Thanks guys.  I will check it tomorrow.  I know that I haven't changed any of the settings other than doing the update.
2018-9-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hi. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. The max flight altitude of the aircraft is 500 m so it is normal that you exceeded 560 feet. For this instance, is it possible that you're in Atti-Mode? Since the max altitude if you're in Atti-Mode is only 120 m (400 ft.).
2018-10-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Azerbaijan

Just a thought ... not a good idea to fly straight up from home position ... worst antenna alignment !!

Another thought : Max altitude is 500m when no restrictions such as FlySafe, owner settings etc.
When outside Airport area - 500m is achievable but as you enter the airport 'ring' - the max altitude you can reach reduces as a slope till it hits zero at the centre of that airport area...... IF you can get past the perimeter barrier !!

Nigel
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules