Mavic Air - Huawei P20 Pro does not see drone on WiFi
1335 3 2018-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spudmachine
lvl.1

Hi,
I appreciate the P20 Pro is "not a supported phone" (which seems bizarre given it's Huawei's flagship), but I do see other people using it.

However, when I tried to connect I can't even see the Mavic Air SSID on my Wi Fi settings.

I immediately switched back to my Xiaomi A1 and it saw the SSID right away, connected normally etc.  So the drone is transmitting correctly.

I even tried entering the SSID manually but it could'nt find it.

There's a hack for other drones where you switch the phone into airplane mode, and then selectively enable WiFi only - which disables Bluetooth and the cellular radio in case there is some kind of interference.  But that did not solve the problem either.

This seems really weird.  I appreciate that the ap itself might not be compatible, but for the phone not to even see the SSID is a puzzler for me.

Any thoughts?
Cheers,
Geoff
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi spudmachine. Thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently with your DJI Mavic Air. I'd like to know what is the status of the light when you powered on your aircraft? Have your heard two beeps? Make sure to launch the app first and turn and enable the Wifi connection from your mobile. I'd like to know the app version as well that you're currently in? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-10-1
Use props
spudmachine
lvl.1

Hi Gamora,
Thank you for the quick reply.

For the Mavic Air I had pressed the button for 4 seconds, and the light is flashing rapidly yellow.

But the key point is that the Huawei P20 Pro cannot see the Mavic Air SSID on the Android WiFi settings.

If I switch back to my old phone it connects with no problem, and also I can see the SSID on my WiFi settings.
2018-10-1
Use props
spudmachine
lvl.1

Hi Gamora,
I saw another post suggesting that I try a different USB cable into the bottom of the controller and now it seems to work with the Huawei phone (at least for connection...I didn't try flying yet).

I guess your supplied cables are unreliable, maybe?  That's worrying.  Imagine losing a $1000 drone for the sake of a 5 cent increase in cable costs!

Cheers,
Geoff
2018-10-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules