1252 19 2018-10-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tomislaw
lvl.1

Croatia

He!

This is my first post here, of course, because of a problem

The drone was set in to the Quick Shot mode (Circle), it began OK; in one moment it began speed up and then happened this. There was no errors. Here are the flights records. It was a bit windy, but there was not one warning about high wind velocity. Should I be worried? After this I did the same day another 3 or 4 flights, and it was all OK, except I became the mesage I should calibrate the obstacle sensors.

Here are the flight data.

https://app.airdata.com/share/TnrORQ/GENERALOverview
2018-10-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Was this on new FW .500 ?, wind could have been a factor, it looks like your gimbal was on a bit of a wobble, you could try calibration of sensors and IMU and gimbal calibration.
There was obviously something wrong, if after calibrations it’s still the same you might have to raise a case with dji .
2018-10-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the trouble what you experience. Regarding that may I ask have you try to calibrate the IMU and Compass? and have you already calibrated the sensors?
2018-10-1
Use props
STRIDE8
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

WHOA.. thats scarey
2018-10-1
Use props
dor4x
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2320256 ft
Israel

I had something similar today in normal flight
I did the firmware update yesterday.. and I am afraid it is connected
2018-10-1
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Holy smoke, that looks strange.
2018-10-1
Use props
Tomislaw
lvl.1

Croatia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-1 07:39
Was this on new FW .500 ?, wind could have been a factor, it looks like your gimbal was on a bit of a wobble, you could try calibration of sensors and IMU and gimbal calibration.
There was obviously something wrong, if after calibrations it’s still the same you might have to raise a case with dji .

I will look at the current firmware version, but I have always the latest firmware, and between this date and today there was no updates.
2018-10-1
Use props
Tomislaw
lvl.1

Croatia

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-1 07:46
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the trouble what you experience. Regarding that may I ask have you try to calibrate the IMU and Compass? and have you already calibrated the sensors?

I did the same day another 3-4 flights without any trouble. I did a Sensor calibration when i come home. The IMU was never calibrated (no errors), but I muss calibrate the compass from the first day allmost every time when i drive the bird in my car.
2018-10-1
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Calibrate your compass and sensors and then make sure that they're all in good standing. From the video you shared, it seems as if your gimbal completely turned off. Strange.
Let us know if you experience this again! Thanks for sharing.
2018-10-1
Use props
Tomislaw
lvl.1

Croatia

Nordium Posted at 2018-10-1 10:23
Calibrate your compass and sensors and then make sure that they're all in good standing. From the video you shared, it seems as if your gimbal completely turned off. Strange.
Let us know if you experience this again! Thanks for sharing.

As I said, i calibrate the compass almost on the regular basis. But what it a bit strange in my opinion, if you look at the beginning of the video, it seams that the drone at one moment begin to speed up (0:15), or is that just my wrong perception?
2018-10-1
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53612 ft
United Kingdom

Your logs say you had selected Active track, what were you trying to track? It’s used for people/vechicles This may be what caused the issue?
Did you mean to use point of interest? Circles around a selected building etc.
2018-10-1
Use props
Tomislaw
lvl.1

Croatia

biob_mav Posted at 2018-10-1 11:43
Your logs say you had selected Active track, what were you trying to track? It’s used for people/vechicles This may be what caused the issue?
Did you mean to use point of interest? Circles around a selected building etc.

The logs say active track, I say, quickshot (circle). I selected the white tent in the backyard in the middle of the shot. I do not use often any kind of quickshots, so if anyone know do logs make a difference between the shots?
2018-10-1
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Those modes are for close up shots. For what you where doing I think you should of been using POI.
2018-10-1
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

This is for spark, but it’s the same for Mavic Air too. It’s example uses for Quickshot modes
2018-10-1
Use props
Tomislaw
lvl.1

Croatia

biob_mav Posted at 2018-10-1 11:57
Those modes are for close up shots. For what you where doing I think you should of been using POI.

I hope you are right. This would save me from the problems in the future.
2018-10-1
Use props
biob_mav
lvl.2
United Kingdom

2018-10-1
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tomislaw Posted at 2018-10-1 11:10
As I said, i calibrate the compass almost on the regular basis. But what it a bit strange in my opinion, if you look at the beginning of the video, it seams that the drone at one moment begin to speed up (0:15), or is that just my wrong perception?

If you refer to your flight log, it will tell you the speed (you should be able to tell if it sped up at this point or not). To me, it seems as if the drone did in fact speed up; however your gimbal did turn off which created a lot of shakiness, which could easily make it seem as if the drone was moving faster than it actually was.
Sorry for not acknowledging that you calibrate your compass on a regular basis in my first response, I've been replying to quite a few people on here today trying my best to help them with their specific issues, therefore my mind is kinda hazy.
2018-10-1
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Common sense: just because there is no "high wind velocity" warning it doesn't mean you can fly it through a hurricane.
2018-10-1
Use props
GDL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2768694 ft
Singapore

Some people reported POI mode may fall into the centre at end. Not sure this problem fixed in .500 firmware or not. Be very careful when flying in automatic modes.
2018-10-1
Use props
Tomislaw
lvl.1

Croatia

Nordium Posted at 2018-10-1 17:34
If you refer to your flight log, it will tell you the speed (you should be able to tell if it sped up at this point or not). To me, it seems as if the drone did in fact speed up; however your gimbal did turn off which created a lot of shakiness, which could easily make it seem as if the drone was moving faster than it actually was.
Sorry for not acknowledging that you calibrate your compass on a regular basis in my first response, I've been replying to quite a few people on here today trying my best to help them with their specific issues, therefore my mind is kinda hazy.

In any case, thanks.
2018-10-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules