Litchi 2.6.2 NOT SAFE ----READ
3335 9 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lance Brown
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646014 ft
United States

I was a beta tester for the Litchi 2.6 with my Mavic 2 Pro.  The beta was AMAZING and worked Flawlessly with and without signal.  Now I'm not 100% sure if this is a Litchi 2.6.1/2.6.2 issue or IOS 12 issue seeing as they came out at the same time but ever since my litchi app has been doing some weird thing when and if I lose signal.  I first noticed the Gimbal would not respond to POI, Other threads have reported this with prior versions, but it worked in the beta.  The flight data recorder (CSV) does not report Lat / Long after signal loss. Never saw this with the beta.  Two separate WP missions failed and Mavic went into RETURN HOME Mode.  The last one scared me into the post as I will not be doing Long missions until Litchi acknowledges an issue.  In three emails they have pointed to DJI SKD, but to my knowledge DJI as not released any updates as of this post.

All I'm ready saying is please be very cautious as I've lost trust in using WP without a signal.  And yes I know that's not advised anyway, but I only fly on my land and fly with very minimal risk.  

One last thing I thought about.  It's possible that the DJI GO 4 app could be interacting to Litchi if opened in the background.  The beta version uses a different launch platform.  Just a thought.
2018-10-2
Use props
North Idaho Guy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2310082 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't had any issues, this is not to say there isn't any however, I believe you're not suppose to run either in the background of the other........

Litchi, in fact for Andriod, as per their instructions, says to make sure (if not done already) to shut down DJI Go 4 if it's running in the back ground and gives specific instructions on how to go into settings, check it so as to make sure it isn't re-starting and shows how to keep it shut it down for each subsequent use the Litchi app.

When all else fails, read the instructions............

Android

For remote controllers with a USB connection (Mavic, Phantom 3 Adv/Pro, Phantom 4 or Inspire drone), follow these steps:

• Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them.
  • If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device (Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults). Some devices automatically set the app you start as default, so this step may have to be done every time you want to switch app (for example from DJI Go to Litchi and vice versa)
  • Start your aircraft and remote controller, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  • Plug the remote controller into the mobile device. For Mavic drones, you can use either the bottom or side USB ports, however make sure to use only one port at once (if 2 cables are plugged in the remote controller, Litchi won't be able to connect)
  • You will see a popup asking which app to start, select Litchi in the popup to initiate connection

For drones with a Wi-Fi connection (Phantom 3 Standard/4K or Spark), follow these steps:
  • Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them
  • Force close all DJI-based apps (including DJI Go and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps). Please note step 1 is not enough. To force close an app, go to your mobile device Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Force close
  • Start your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  • Connect to the Wi-Fi network of the aircraft
  • Start Litchi

iOS
  • Make sure no DJI-based apps (including DJI Go, Litchi and other third party DJI drone/osmo apps) are running in the background. If there are any, force kill them.
  • Start your aircraft and remote controller if you are using one, and let them initialize for a few seconds
  • If you have a Wi-Fi based drone (Phantom 3 Standard/4K or Spark): connect to the Wi-Fi network of the aircraft, if you have a USB-based remote controller, plug the remote controller into the mobile device
  • Start Litchi

2018-10-2
Use props
Zatx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Hmmm... Litchi never lets me take off where I live because of flight restrictions (that I'm qualified to fly in) so I always take off with Go4 then switch to the Litchi app when in the air...
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend our co-pilots to use a 3rd party apps because we are unable to ensure the performance and compatibility. Thanks for your understanding.
2018-10-3
Use props
Lance Brown
lvl.2
Flight distance : 646014 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-3 07:54
Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. Just a friendly reminder, we don't recommend our co-pilots to use a 3rd party apps because we are unable to ensure the performance and compatibility. Thanks for your understanding.

We wouldn’t need to if DJI would would release Waypoints.  I’m still is shock that my Phantom Pro 2 Vision, had better WP’s then the Mavic Pro.
2018-10-3
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lance Brown Posted at 2018-10-3 18:56
We wouldn’t need to if DJI would would release Waypoints.  I’m still is shock that my Phantom Pro 2 Vision, had better WP’s then the Mavic Pro.

Or VR mode!!!
2018-10-3
Use props
Adam9997
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2608901 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've flown 3 20 minute+ missions with the latest software. The only issue I noticed was when the drone enters or exits the radio signal loss the gimbal "dips" then recovers. However all missions continued and completed normally.
2018-10-5
Use props
Willy Vilter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 387405 ft
Spain

Etes-vous  Lance Brown que je connais (le père de Maya ? Je suis aussi fan de drone. Willy Vilter.
2019-6-26
Use props
SPIKE_151
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69767 ft
United Kingdom

I did some comparison flights recently to Bodiam Castle, flew the M2 Pro first on Litchi WP, then my Phantom 4 Pro with the exact same mission. I noticed with the M2pro, when panning around an object it was making small jerky movements when travelling sideways, the Phantom was smooth as hot butter when flying the same mission. I definitely think Litchi has issues with the M2Pro, or it could be the M2Pro cannot process the flight data as fast as the phantom due to its smaller less powerful processor.
2019-7-1
Use props
parkgt214
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

SPIKE_151 Posted at 7-1 07:06
I did some comparison flights recently to Bodiam Castle, flew the M2 Pro first on Litchi WP, then my Phantom 4 Pro with the exact same mission. I noticed with the M2pro, when panning around an object it was making small jerky movements when travelling sideways, the Phantom was smooth as hot butter when flying the same mission. I definitely think Litchi has issues with the M2Pro, or it could be the M2Pro cannot process the flight data as fast as the phantom due to its smaller less powerful processor.

It is a known issue with the M2 whether flying Litchi or DJI WP2.

DJI is aware of the issue and has yet to fix it.
2019-7-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules