Return or not?
985 3 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ABI Photo
lvl.2

Well after not being able to get the range issue fixed on my googles RE, DJI has authorized a return. But since I purchased it as a bundle I have to return both my Zoom and the googles. Now I am torn if I should wait it out or make the return. The best range I have been able to achieve in an urban enviroment is 700m. I normally would be working close as I am a motorsports photographer. But the fact that the range is so limited troubles me.
2018-10-2
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry if you have to feel uneasiness while using the DJI Goggles, however, I would like to ask if you manage to fly your aircraft in an open area with less interference? Did you manage to re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your drone prior to your flight? Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-5
Use props
ABI Photo
lvl.2

Yes, I have flown in open areas. The question is why does it matter? The Mavic gets great range in the same area that the googles don't. This has nothing to do with the IMU or Compass, this is an Occusync issue. Unacceptable. I am just going to return it. I can't believe how bad they preform.

2018-10-5
Use props
REMOVE DC NFZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 942671 ft
United States

I would return them both and purchase the M2 alone....I have a feeling the only fix to these goggles is hardware upgrade.
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules