746 3 2018-10-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

Recently purchased DJI Goggle RE

Since I wear readers and the magnification is 3...everything is in focus around 15-19 inches.

I was told that this would be an appropriate magnification when I ordered a pair of "focus fixers"

When I received and paired them with the Goggles, the images are not what I would call tack sharp.

I ajusted the PD but that doesn't seem to have any effect on actual focus.

I was wondering if anyone else that requires lens magnification can share their experience?

Thanks!

2018-10-2
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

I remember that when the goggles were released that people were saying that you need to get glasses specifically for the goggles.  I can't remember is it was + or - 0.3 change in magnification.  It might be worth having a look at older posts.
2018-10-3
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-3 21:33
I remember that when the goggles were released that people were saying that you need to get glasses specifically for the goggles.  I can't remember is it was + or - 0.3 change in magnification.  It might be worth having a look at older posts.

I tried focus finders and they work ok.

But I don't think I ordered a strong enough magnification.

So In turn, I just ordered a stronger version from DJI and we'll see how that works.

Frankly, I don't understand why DJI didn't install a built-in diopter much like binoculars.

Then there would be no need for ancillary corrective lens.
2018-10-3
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

geoffz Posted at 2018-10-3 21:40
I tried focus finders and they work ok.

But I don't think I ordered a strong enough magnification.

It seems that other users were saying that they needed a pair of +3 (reading glasses).

https://forum.dji.com/thread-150971-1-1.html
2018-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules