How to reduce YAW speed ?
5082 16 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

Hi,

I've found how to reduce YAW stick curve (0.40 to 0.30). But can't found how to reduce speed (like I did on my bebop).

2015-6-1
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can make the stick on the controller longer

Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying

2015-6-1
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

This helps:

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-1
Use props
Ulysse
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1389931 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

On the gain setup screen
2015-6-1
Use props
dmwierz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 61427 ft
United States

My only issue with reducing the yaw rate in software is this is also a control item, and there may come a situation where you need rapid yaw response to avoid or recover from an emergency situation.
2015-6-1
Use props
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

So, the best think would be to be able to reduce YAW stick curve to 0.20 ?!

Well...
2015-6-1
Use props
rhutty
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Or less....much less. Getting a smooth pan while tracking sideways is very difficult. Well, it is for me.
Ray Hps, camera tilt reverse would suit me....always seem to start the wrong way for some reason
2015-6-1
Use props
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

Is there any page to feedback to DJI the need to reduce yaw speed ?
2015-6-3
Use props
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

Yes, I'm working to improve my "petits gestes". But when trying to make complex movements, it would be so helpful a slower speed or lower curve... it's only a small value to change is the code for DJI in the next update...

I agree to do with reality. But why not ask more? If we are many, it will advance! Many products and software is improving thanks to customer feedback! Why be so kind to DJI? They make great products, AND they can improve it! DJI is deaf?
2015-6-3
Use props
kenmasters
lvl.1

Canada

I also want YAW speed control.    +1 .

Also using the 2 custom buttons for more things would be good too.   Like having completely different control profiles that you can toggle.  
2015-6-4
Use props
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

Je ne râle pas (merci pour la généralité sur les français...). J'adore ce P3! Mais je demande toujours plus !

I do not rattle (thank you to the generality about french people...). I love this P3! But I always asks for more!
2015-6-5
Use props
imwhitey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1921493 ft
  • >>>
United States

kenmasters Posted at 2015-6-5 03:45
I also want YAW speed control.    +1 .

GREAT idea!
2015-6-5
Use props
vincent.zorzi
lvl.3
France

Once again... after lot of flights, I definitely need more fine YAW speed control for Phantom 3.PLEASE DJI, add it to DJI Go !

Where to post official feedback ?
2015-8-29
Use props
Sir Edward K
lvl.4

United States

vincent.zorzi Posted at 2015-8-29 04:06
Once again... after lot of flights, I definitely need more fine YAW speed control for Phantom 3.PLEA ...

Wow, I did not think that he was bitching at all!  He is right.  Why not ask for something that will help us all.  There will always be updates, so why not ask for something that will make the P3 better.  

Keep it up Vincent!  Hope we get it.
2015-8-29
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I can certainly see the use for slower yaw, but before asking for little things, I think it would be nice to get the bigger things working correctly.  
2015-8-29
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

The current EXPO curve needs to be fine tuned as individual points and that way we can have total control over how the sticks behave, every other respectable controller has adjustable curves, why not DJI's controller has only such a limited presets for the sticks, I hope so too that they would include total freedom of refining the the stick expo curve.
2015-8-29
Use props
timmer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30502 ft
United States

RE: How to reduce YAW speed ?

I cut an old hotel key card and with a hole punch, made this:

Which is a variation of this:

2015-8-30
Use props
Advanced