Any app which allows me to set a general polygon as a flying path?
491 4 2018-10-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Venexiano
lvl.2
United States

Hi everybody,
Is there  any app (free or not) which allows me to create and use a preloaded path, completely user defined and with a user defined speed, with no overlapping and no restriction on the elevation? I need to fly my drone  along a path connecting a certain number of spatial points/locations, I am fine with the GPS precision of a few meters. I do not necessarily need to take pictures, I can just observe on my tablet what is going on. If pictures have mandatorily to be taken at the locations, no problem. I have to do this multiple times per day, so I want to save the path and with a click I want the drone to fly through this path at a user defined speed. A few times per day I will have to fly the drone at a specific location and altitude and leave it there for a bit, so it will be good if a path could be made of a single point and the drone could stop there until further input. I tried with dronedeploy but the path is made of parallel lines, with a minimum overlapping of 30%, and a minimum altitude of about 60 feet. Unless I miss this on the options, it does not allow me to do what I want. Any suggestion? Maybe Litchi? Other software? Best if it works with both Phantom 4 pro and 3 pro (I have both).

Best
Cheers
A.
2018-10-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not maybe Litchi.
What you are looking for is definitely Litchi.
It does just what you are asking about.

no restriction on the elevation?
The only restriction on elevation will be what is in the Phantom's firmware (500 metres above launch point).
2018-10-3
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Venexiano. Thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. You may refer to the link below for more information. Thank you.

DJI GS PRO
2018-10-5
Use props
Nebuchadnezzar
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I use  Redwaypoint
2018-10-5
Use props
Venexiano
lvl.2
United States

Thank  you guys for the answers. Labroides, we purchased Litchi. We like, but we cant see a way to specify a desired time interval between still still pictures . Any suggestion?
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules