Galaxy Note 4 (Android) having issue connecting OTG Cable
3110 10 2018-10-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Hi peeps!
It's your bro Aaron

So my show sponsor Tom Iliffe purchased me a high quality OTG Cable for my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (Android)

I keep following instructions on connecting OTG Cable. No matter what I do it won't connect. Than I remembered one time I was having a similar issue I had to authorize access to the OTG cable on my phone (security feature on my phone blocks the OTG Cable from accessing my phone).

Does anyone know how I authorize my phone to allow the OTG Cable? I can't remember.
Sincerely,
Aaron
2018-10-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience Aaron. Please try to use a different cable so that we can isolate the issue. You can also put your phone on airplane mode and close any background APPs and then try again. Just make sure only DJI Go 4 App is the only software running on your mobile device. What is the current firmware and DJI Go 4 app version you are using?
2018-10-4
Use props
warubikku
First Officer
Flight distance : 1592264 ft
Philippines

There is a setting on most android devices called "developer mode" witch will enable "developer options" like what do use the usb connections for....google your model tablet and see how to enable it.
Most of the time it's as easy as that, but  isn't the note 4 a few years old?... Can't guarantee it will have it.
2018-10-4
Use props
Moggy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 581 ft
United Kingdom

Hi I having problems with my Spark I have to scan box and controller everytime should it not save setting so you can just fly the Spark.
2018-10-4
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-4 06:23
Our apologies for the inconvenience Aaron. Please try to use a different cable so that we can isolate the issue. You can also put your phone on airplane mode and close any background APPs and then try again. Just make sure only DJI Go 4 App is the only software running on your mobile device. What is the current firmware and DJI Go 4 app version you are using?

This is my second cable with exact same no connect issue.
I am almost positive it's a permission issue on my phone.
2018-10-4
Use props
ssylca44
First Officer
Flight distance : 434721 ft
Canada

Hi,

Possibly you have to turn off the phone function to enable OTG connection.
2018-10-4
Use props
dennis8803
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I dont know your tablet but try this goto settings scroll down to About this Tab, enter, go to model number tap 8 times enter Developer mode, scroll to USB  configuration, from the list select  Media .Transfer Protocol.it should work
2018-10-4
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

dennis8803 Posted at 2018-10-4 09:53
I dont know your tablet but try this goto settings scroll down to About this Tab, enter, go to model number tap 8 times enter Developer mode, scroll to USB  configuration, from the list select  Media .Transfer Protocol.it should work

A little different on Samsung Galaxy Note 4 but I found USB debugging in developer so I turned it on. I'll let you know what happens!
2018-10-4
Use props
Carmenvail
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1521201 ft
United States

wish i could help iPhone here
2018-10-4
Use props
Allen Rheinholtz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21877 ft

Are you using cable that came with spark?
2018-10-4
Use props
Aaron Avila
First Officer

Allen Rheinholtz Posted at 2018-10-4 17:59
Are you using cable that came with spark?

No, from Amazon high end OTG. It's gotta be my phone!
2018-10-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules