Error after replacement Gimbal
966 8 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Armazia
lvl.3
Flight distance : 125069 ft
Netherlands

Yesterday my gimbal arm + Flat cable got replaced. After that I booted up the drone, but got an error saying: Aircraft Encoder Error(0x4800000).
I have no video transmission from the drone to the controller/phone. Also there is no way of calibrating the gimbal, since there is no Gimbal settings logo in the menu within DJI Go. The gimbal does initialize on startup, and keeps its position centered... But it just doesn't seem to transmit anything... Also it cannot see any SD Card. Could anyone help me out with this error?
Thanks in advance!
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Armazia, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having troubles recently. Have you replaced the gimbal and the cable by yourself or thru our DJI Repair Center? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-10-5
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-5 09:53
Hi Armazia, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for having troubles recently. Have you replaced the gimbal and the cable by yourself or thru our DJI Repair Center? We're here to help you. Thank you.

I have done it myself. But I know its done well and every connector fits right (checked this two times). I would be happy if I could get a declaration of the Encoder error 0x4800000. It has to do with the gimbal, I am pretty sure of that. But could it be the ribbon cable/connectors or could it also be the lens cable?
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Armazia Posted at 2018-10-6 00:35
I have done it myself. But I know its done well and every connector fits right (checked this two times). I would be happy if I could get a declaration of the Encoder error 0x4800000. It has to do with the gimbal, I am pretty sure of that. But could it be the ribbon cable/connectors or could it also be the lens cable?

Hi Armazia, we don't really recommend self-repair. The issues you have right now can be determined only by our DJI engineers to be examined. Thank you.
2018-10-6
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-6 02:54
Hi Armazia, we don't really recommend self-repair. The issues you have right now can be determined only by our DJI engineers to be examined. Thank you.

I'm not willing to pay such a load of cash for a service repair of an item that had a faulty design. I'll return my gimbal and get another one. Check if thats going to work. Quite dissapointing that you can't even determine or explain the 0x4800000 error, I thought you were here to help.
2018-10-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Armazia Posted at 2018-10-6 07:05
I'm not willing to pay such a load of cash for a service repair of an item that had a faulty design. I'll return my gimbal and get another one. Check if thats going to work. Quite dissapointing that you can't even determine or explain the 0x4800000 error, I thought you were here to help.

Hi Armazia, there is an error with the camera coaxial cable (MIPI), or it is not connected properly. In general cases, we instruct customers to send their products back for repair. If there is a possible faulty design, you could've sent in the aircraft immediately before repairing by yourself to avail the warranty services for the gimbal (6 months)  https://www.dji.com/service/poli ... te&from=footer. I really understand your frustrations and disappointment but this has to be verified by our certified DJI engineers. Thank you.
2018-10-6
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-6 07:20
Hi Armazia, there is an error with the camera coaxial cable (MIPI), or it is not connected properly. In general cases, we instruct customers to send their products back for repair. If there is a possible faulty design, you could've sent in the aircraft immediately before repairing by yourself to avail the warranty services for the gimbal (6 months)  https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer. I really understand your frustrations and disappointment but this has to be verified by our certified DJI engineers. Thank you.

Hi there Gamora,

So if I understand it right, it would be this cable which is giving the problems.

I'm not here to blame anyone, just looking for some support. Thanks for the answer I was looking for. I will try fixing it. Otherwise I'll find another solution.
2018-10-7
Use props
Armazia
lvl.3
Netherlands

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-6 07:20
Hi Armazia, there is an error with the camera coaxial cable (MIPI), or it is not connected properly. In general cases, we instruct customers to send their products back for repair. If there is a possible faulty design, you could've sent in the aircraft immediately before repairing by yourself to avail the warranty services for the gimbal (6 months)  https://www.dji.com/service/policy?site=brandsite&from=footer. I really understand your frustrations and disappointment but this has to be verified by our certified DJI engineers. Thank you.

Hi Gamora,

After some struggeling to get the cable I finally replaced it and my Mavic Pro works as it should. Thanks alot for your help. My adventure can continue now
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Armazia Posted at 2018-10-21 23:07
Hi Gamora,

After some struggeling to get the cable I finally replaced it and my Mavic Pro works as it should. Thanks alot for your help. My adventure can continue now

Wow! I am happy as you are. We will wait for your shots. Have a safe flight always.
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules