My Mavic Pro is having problems with skipping videos recently
1606 24 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
I use to create such smoooth videos . . now it is skipping . . what can I do . . ???
Is this due to an update ???
I have never crashed or had a hard landing with my pro . . . I take very good care of my lady . . butttt . . I want my smooth videos back . . ???

Any help would be appreciated !!

2018-10-5
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10355532 ft

had to send mine to Texas, ever since I had updated it was nothing but problems.
2018-10-5
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Can you post a more detail - camera settings (ISO, shutter speed, frame rate, resolution, white balance), SD card, etc?
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the video issue is occurring on the SD card? Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of it? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link for further check. Please let us know for further assistance.
2018-10-5
Use props
DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-5 14:48
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the video issue is occurring on the SD card? Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of it? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link for further check. Please let us know for further assistance.

I am using a Sandisk Ultra 200 GIG card . . it has been working great and up to this point . . was able to capture my 4K videos with no problems.

I flew again today to see if setting back to auto on the settings would help . . nope . . still jumping and skipping.
2018-10-5
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-5 16:09
I am using a Sandisk Ultra 200 GIG card . . it has been working great and up to this point . . was able to capture my 4K videos with no problems.

I flew again today to see if setting back to auto on the settings would help . . nope . . still jumping and skipping.

If you're shooting in H.265 you're going to get skipping video. I have a Core i7 EXP and it skips in H.265 even with updated codecs. Try VLC viewer.
2018-10-5
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

MagicRide Posted at 2018-10-5 17:20
If you're shooting in H.265 you're going to get skipping video. I have a Core i7 EXP and it skips in H.265 even with updated codecs. Try VLC viewer.

I promise you, he isn't shooting in H.265 with a M(1)P.
Without having seen a video of the problems, I would initially think it's due to settings. If all settings are as they should be, then there may be a defective SD card (try another) or a bad connection between SD card and drone. Last but not least, there may be something wrong with the drone / camera itself.
2018-10-5
Use props
FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-5 17:41
Without having seen a video of the problems, I would initially think it's due to settings. If all settings are as they should be, then there may be a defective SD card (try another) or a bad connection between SD card and drone. Last but not least, there may be something wrong with the drone / camera itself.

It may have been my settings . . here is what it was showing . .
Auto ISO 1600
Shutter 1-30
EV -1.3
WB  Auto
SD - 4K/30  3840 x 2160  24 fps
Capacity 07:17:06
AFC /MF
AE open

Now I don't usually shoot at this setting (4K) and how it got there I am not sure . . but I have lowered it down and will try a new shoot today at this lower setting to see what I get

Thanks for the insight folks . . appreciate it !!
PS . . have a dozen other cards or so and will try a few other cards on 4K to see how they react and record. . . THANKS for the insights !!
2018-10-6
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-6 04:33
It may have been my settings . . here is what it was showing . .
Auto ISO 1600
Shutter 1-30

Well, it might be due to your settings, and maybe the hardware you use to edit the outcome. All setting can reset back to default while upgrading the AC firmware - please check each time.

Instead of doing it all with Auto-settings, try this: (you might need some ND-filters for this though)

Change to manual settings - Autofocus is ok (also remember to "Tap to Focus")
ISO = 100 and never above 400 in daylight
SHUTTER SPEED = 2x your FPS (at 24 FPS choose SHUTTER SPEED 50 and at 30 FPS choose 60 etc.)
WB = Sunny or Cloudy
COLOR PROFILE = D-Cinelike
VIDEO RESOLUTION = If you don't need 4K, try 2.7K or FHD
2018-10-6
Use props
FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-6 08:13
Well, it might be due to your settings, and maybe the hardware you use to edit the outcome. All setting can reset back to default while upgrading the AC firmware - please check each time.

Instead of doing it all with Auto-settings, try this: (you might need some ND-filters for this though)

Welll . . I tied your setting . . and did a quick flight . . still skipping . . not as much as before . . now about every 3-4 seconds and not as intence . . grunttt !
What the heck is going on . . ???  It has never taken a hit . . or even a hard landing . . always light as a feather.

The search continues . . thanks for the help !!
2018-10-6
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-6 14:36
Welll . . I tied your setting . . and did a quick flight . . still skipping . . not as much as before . . now about every 3-4 seconds and not as intence . . grunttt !
What the heck is going on . . ???  It has never taken a hit . . or even a hard landing . . always light as a feather.

You're welcome.
Sometimes even the strongest tools brake... Not long ago this happened to me -
https://forum.dji.com/thread-165611-1-1.html
2018-10-6
Use props
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the video issue is occurring on the SD card? Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of it? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link for further check. Please let us know for further assistance.

Morning Tony . .
Have formatted the card twice and still getting skipping even at a lower recording rate . . ??
this was not happening before last update . . could this be the problem . . ???

Thanks for your help
2018-10-7
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-6 14:36
What the heck is going on . . ???  It has never taken a hit . . or even a hard landing . . always light as a feather.

Are you the only one seeing the problem?  It sounds more like overloaded CPU or similar.  Put the video on someone else's or at least a different computer, being sure that it has the power to handle 4K video, and see if it does the same thing.
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-7 05:57
Morning Tony . .
Have formatted the card twice and still getting skipping even at a lower recording rate . . ??
this was not happening before last update . . could this be the problem . . ???

Hi, Sorry for the late response. Could you please try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI assistant 2? You can consider changing the SD card as well to isolate the issue. Please see the link below for you download the application on your computer.

https://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
2018-10-7
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-5 17:41

Sorry I thought he had an M2P
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-7 10:10
Hi, Sorry for the late response. Could you please try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI assistant 2? You can consider changing the SD card as well to isolate the issue. Please see the link below for you download the application on your computer.

Was able to piece a couple clips together . . you can still see the skipping . . use to be as smooth as glass . . ???   Here is the link to watch . .
https://www.facebook.com/Zorrr2/videos/10216839104601031/
2018-10-8
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-8 10:50
Was able to piece a couple clips together . . you can still see the skipping . . use to be as smooth as glass . . ???   Here is the link to watch . .
https://www.facebook.com/Zorrr2/videos/10216839104601031/

It is wrong of you to expect that everyone is using Facebook.
By the way, the video quality is not good enough there. Upload an unedited clip to Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar and throw a link to the file here. I recommend Google Drive.
2018-10-8
Use props
FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-8 12:41
It is wrong of you to expect that everyone is using Facebook.
By the way, the video quality is not good enough there. Upload an unedited clip to Google Drive, Dropbox, or similar and throw a link to the file here. I recommend Google Drive.

Wellll excuse meee for not using the appropriate file location . . lolol

How about this one then . .

https://photos.google.com/album/ ... IC_iu_8G-VCSqRign_F
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-7 10:10
Hi, Sorry for the late response. Could you please try to restore factory defaults and refresh the firmware using the DJI assistant 2? You can consider changing the SD card as well to isolate the issue. Please see the link below for you download the application on your computer.

Haaa Tony . . here is a link through GOOGLE which seems to be popular . . lolol . . you'll see the skipping
2018-10-8
Use props
Hi, Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to ask if the video issue is occurring on the SD card? Would it be possible if you can provide a short video of it? You can use google drive or dropbox then provide the link for further check. Please let us know for further assistance.

Here . . loaded it into Vimeo . . take a look . .

2018-10-8
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-8 17:17
Here . . loaded it into Vimeo . . take a look . .

Ok - see the clip now.
Please let us know the recording setting for this specific clip.
ISO, resolution, FPS, shutter speed, white balance and color profile -

Note that rendering at other FPS settings than the recording, can give these choppy videos. Also I don't think your SD-card is sufficient. Try an Sandisk Extreme PLUS - a 64GB size is more than enough for 4K recording, flying all 3 MP batteries.
2018-10-9
Use props
FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-9 07:42
Ok - see the clip now.
Please let us know the recording setting for this specific clip.
ISO, resolution, FPS, shutter speed, white balance and color profile -

Have it listed above . . but I copied it down for you . . here you go . .

Auto ISO 1600
Shutter 1-30
EV -1.3
WB  Auto
SD - 4K/30  3840 x 2160  24 fps
Capacity 07:17:06
AFC /MF
AE open
2018-10-9
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-9 07:58
Have it listed above . . but I copied it down for you . . here you go . .

Auto ISO 1600

You don't have to be mean. I'm done here, because you obviously do not understand to receive help.
Good luck.
2018-10-9
Use props
FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-9 08:05
You don't have to be mean. I'm done here, because you obviously do not understand to receive help.
Good luck.

Sorry . . was not my intention . . I had previously recorded this above and all I did was copied it down for you . . no . . mean intention was meant at all. Sorry if you took it that way.
2018-10-9
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Denmark

Zorrr2@aol.com Posted at 2018-10-9 08:46
Sorry . . was not my intention . . I had previously recorded this above and all I did was copied it down for you . . no . . mean intention was meant at all. Sorry if you took it that way.

Apology accepted. But it's still pointless to move backwards trying to solve your own video problems. You previously wrote to me that you had made new recordings, with the settings I suggested and that it had helped. Therefore, it makes no sense to show an older video, as well as the settings it was taken with. I knew those already.

I repeat: The first settings you showed are not optimal for good recordings, and those I suggested helped, as you mentioned it yourself. If you want more attempts on help from me, show a new video, and indicate the settings with which you have recorded it. Also indicate which SD card you have used for the new video, and if you have used ND filter, and if so, which one.
2018-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules