Problem : Spotlight mode of Mavic Air behaves weird.
879 3 2018-10-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tonsuke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 609377 ft

My Air behaves strange with Spotlight mode of active track.  It reacts stick movement but doesn't move as I operate.  Sometimes right becomes left, forward becomes right, and sometimes backward becomes forward left becomes backward.  It's totally unpredictable.

I tested and recorded my P4P as well to have a comparison.  As you can see, Air reacts very, very strange way and it is totally different from the behavior of my P4P.

I assume that the calibration of controller is not a cause of the issue hence it occurs only in spotlight mode of active track.

Seems direction has been fixed when you started active track and absolute direction becomes a base of interpretation of stick movement.  Then left becomes right, forward becomes backward depends on relative direction of the aircraft.  This is useless.  Spotlight mode on other aircraft like P4P is very useful and I love that.

Note : All softwares are latest version.  Aircraft and controller are fully cariblated.  I created this as new thread hence old one became ignored after I upload the video somehow.

2018-10-5
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting. When the storm front passes from my area I will take a look. Im not too familiar with Active track spotlight as I rarely utilize some of the automatic flight modes.
2018-10-5
Use props
Tonsuke
lvl.2
Flight distance : 609377 ft

AlphaFlightNW Posted at 2018-10-5 16:49
Interesting. When the storm front passes from my area I will take a look. Im not too familiar with Active track spotlight as I rarely utilize some of the automatic flight modes.

Thanks, please try and see what's happen.  Open space would be recommended hence it moves unexpectedly.  Some other MA users reported same issue as well.
Yes, this mode is not well-known but it's very useful IMO.  You can place your aircraft at the place you want.  This means you can have arbitrary angle of picture in real-time.  Also, you'll have kinda 'virtual camera operator' and you can concentrate on controlling the aircraft, just like Inspire.
2018-10-5
Use props
JerryS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 222897 ft
Maldives

I would also give a try tomorrow and come up with an answer for my drone behavior
2018-10-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules