Stick down power off
1197 7 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
b.wierda
lvl.1

Netherlands

Well this is a noob question, as i am one.

Stick down is go down, stick all the way down is stop props.

Does this mean that when you in flight and pull down the stick it turns off in mid air ?
2015-6-1
Use props
mackie1604
lvl.2

United States

No, pulling down won't shut off the props in flight.  Only once it's on the ground will it do that.

Pulling inward and down, or outward and down however will kill props in flight.
2015-6-1
Use props
b.wierda
lvl.1

Netherlands

ty very much
2015-6-1
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Holding the left stick down for 3+ seconds is the best way to shut down the motors after landing. If you do a CSC (sticks to the corners), the Phantom will sometimes wobble or tip over when not done cleanly.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)
2015-6-1
Use props
rhutty
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I posted the same question when I started. Was told the same, still took a bit of courage to try it. Trust me, as long as the other stick is not pushed into a corner, throttle full back will not stop the motors until 3 seconds after its landed.
Now upto 54 flights and 6 hours 15 minutes flying. Have fun.
Regards RayH
2015-6-1
Use props
b.wierda
lvl.1

Netherlands

yes it was kinda scary at first but it works great
2015-6-3
Use props
PhantomAtAK
lvl.2

United States

rhutty@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-2 04:12
I posted the same question when I started. Was told the same, still took a bit of courage to try it. ...

One thing to add to this on the flow chart of shut down:

I always hand catch my Phantom3. Some say hand catch is ill advised, but I enjoy it, and I can't stop.  Anyhow, as soon as I grab the hovering Phantom with my right hand, I go full left stick down,centered, and the motors shut down.  So,in this sequence, since the bird is still technically aloft (7 ft up), it willingly shuts down with only a full left stick down.   

Q:  At what altitude will the motors shut off with only a full  left down centered command?  Seems we have two ranges established so far.

At 7 feet = Yes

At whatever flight altitude you initiated descent,  as described above = NO

So what is the trigger to get the YES vs the NO.  

I appreciate your bravery in testing your end of it.  I am too chicken to try above what I can grab it.

2015-6-3
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

It seems that it shuts down when the phantom sees no further decending motion, no matter how high, for approx. 3 seconds. So I guess if you skillfully landed it on a tree brach at 30 meters and continued to hold the left stick down she would fall off. Someon try that please. ;)
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules