Zoom speed
5117 21 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Hello all,

Anyone here know how to slow down the zoom speed using the shoulder wheel? It seems pretty touchy and I frequently zoom in too far, too quickly. Is there a setting like the gimbal speed adjustment that we can use to slow/smooth the zoom? I cant seem to find it if it exists.

Thank you!

-SkinJob2501

2018-10-10
Use props
Raffi6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71348 ft
Germany

Hello,
I also need a gentler adjustment of the zoom wheel.
I have spent a lot of time to find that feature. Without success.
Normally it should no problem to reduce the speed of the zoom-moto.
So I hope DJI will integrate it in the next firmware versions.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. May we have the model of your aircraft first for further assistance? Please let us know what specific drone are you using. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-10
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-10 10:46
Hi, Thanks for your inquiry. May we have the model of your aircraft first for further assistance? Please let us know what specific drone are you using. Thank you for the support.

Why are you asking this question, he is clearly using the Mavic 2 Zoom? AND this post was in the section “Mavic Zoom” there is a clue there somewhere
2018-10-10
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Exib Posted at 2018-10-10 20:56
Why are you asking this question, he is clearly using the Mavic 2 Zoom? ASL this post was in the section “Mavic Zoom” there is a clue there somewhere

^ This. Thank you. I just wanted to know if i could change the zoom speed. you know , for the drone that DJI makes that has a zoom feature that falls into the mavic lineup? Sarcasm aside, is there a way to change this? Do the admins actually read the posts or is "What is the model of your drone"? just the default response around here for everything? I fly a drone, didn't think we actually talked to them on the internet until now. Thanks Exib for pointing out that weirdness...

-SkinJob2501
2018-10-11
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-10-11 06:10
^ This. Thank you. I just wanted to know if i could change the zoom speed. you know , for the drone that DJI makes that has a zoom feature that falls into the mavic lineup? Sarcasm aside, is there a way to change this? Do the admins actually read the posts or is "What is the model of your drone"? just the default response around here for everything? I fly a drone, didn't think we actually talked to them on the internet until now. Thanks Exib for pointing out that weirdness...

-SkinJob2501

Also have Mavic 2 Zoom my friend
2018-10-11
Use props
Nordium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10875728 ft
  • >>>
United States

They should definitely add this ability! It's weird how they didn't think to add it in the original release firmware. Thanks for sharing.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-10-11 06:10
^ This. Thank you. I just wanted to know if i could change the zoom speed. you know , for the drone that DJI makes that has a zoom feature that falls into the mavic lineup? Sarcasm aside, is there a way to change this? Do the admins actually read the posts or is "What is the model of your drone"? just the default response around here for everything? I fly a drone, didn't think we actually talked to them on the internet until now. Thanks Exib for pointing out that weirdness...

-SkinJob2501

Hi. I was able to check this query with our R&D engineers and unfortunately, this option is not available with our DJI GO 4 app. I will forward this to the right department to see if could add it in the future. Thank you for understanding.
2018-10-11
Use props
F. Landmann
lvl.1

Germany

To be honest, I expected that I will find a smooth zoom control on the mavic zoom.
Comparable to the adjustable tilt control of the gimbal.  This version here works like an on/off zoom-switch without any ramp up at the startpoint and slow down at the end point.
A smooth camera control is a key element to generate good and professional looking material. Without it, it is just more like filming with an expensive toy, producing garbage.
2018-10-18
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

F. Landmann Posted at 2018-10-18 02:51
To be honest, I expected that I will find a smooth zoom control on the mavic zoom.
Comparable to the adjustable tilt control of the gimbal.  This version here works like an on/off zoom-switch without any ramp up at the startpoint and slow down at the end point.
A smooth camera control is a key element to generate good and professional looking material. Without it, it is just more like filming with an expensive toy, producing garbage.

I agree, it ruins PLENTY of my shots, making airtime worthless and reshooting tons of shots a chore. I have to pay so much more attention to how hard i roll the shoulder wheel than i do flying the actual aircraft, DJI are you listening, this is a safety concern as well as a customer satisfaction issue. I cant find much to complain about, nor would I other than this and the Lack of waypoints, an absent feature I paid for.

Enough Said?

Probably not

-SkinJob2501
2018-10-18
Use props
ShermanRamsey
New

Ukraine

Switch things around and start with your lens fully zoomed in, and then pull out from the scene. This produces a subtly different effect.
2018-10-18
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

ShermanRamsey Posted at 2018-10-18 06:29
Switch things around and start with your lens fully zoomed in, and then pull out from the scene. This produces a subtly different effect.

true, but not a safer one...
2018-10-18
Use props
Damien66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3442090 ft
Czechia

Hello!
I already made similar topic: https://forum.dji.com/thread-165935-1-1.html
I would like to see variable zoom speed and smoothness in the near future too :-)

Regards!
2018-10-18
Use props
Damien66
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3442090 ft
Czechia

Hello DJI!

At first - thank you for great new features in every FW update :-)
Please, do you have any news if you are planning to implement variable zoom speed?
My company want to buy more of Mavic 2 Zoom drones but need to be sure that this function will come as we need it for a specific project scenario.

Regards!
2019-1-31
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any news on this topic?
2019-2-13
Use props
AlphaFlightNW
Second Officer
Flight distance : 784265 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nordium Posted at 2018-10-11 07:38
They should definitely add this ability! It's weird how they didn't think to add it in the original release firmware. Thanks for sharing.

Might be possible that the zoom is done by a motor that cannot be config'd? I mean auto focus is one thing but I am not sure how the zoom works on this aircraft, like will it act similar to a focus motor of a DSLR camera or is it a motor thats set to a specific speed and has only forward backward motion? I too would like to see some sort of smoothness setting, but for the moment I dont incorporate the zoom into any shots besides changing FOV and dolly zoom, and if I were to zoom during a recording I can just fix it in post.
2019-2-14
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

With practice and some patients you will be able to master the zoom wheel. Once you have muscle memory you should be able to do it with your eyes closed the last part was a joke
2019-2-15
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

i have mastered the zoom wheel,  but that is not the point.  You can draw  a line without  a ruler. But if you have the right tool the result is much better. It makes the difference between amateurs and professionals  approach, even you are not professional. DJI must support us and should update the software, allowing us to control zoom speed automatically, as the gimbal do.  I m sure that they forget it and they will run to fix this issue quickly.
2019-2-16
Use props
Francis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

... zoom lens without zoom speed control assist is not a serious feature.
2019-2-16
Use props
xGRIZZx
lvl.1
Canada

Yes. PLEASE DJI come out with a firmware update to adjust the smoothness and the speed of the zoom. Like many of said it’s way to quick and sudden and ruins many shots I’m trying to get a smooth slow zoom on.... GET IT TOGETHER
2019-4-7
Use props
UGBANDTULSA
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16424 ft
United States

xGRIZZx Posted at 4-7 13:11
Yes. PLEASE DJI come out with a firmware update to adjust the smoothness and the speed of the zoom. Like many of said it’s way to quick and sudden and ruins many shots I’m trying to get a smooth slow zoom on.... GET IT TOGETHER

Mine is definitely adjustable. Just use the wheel to throttle the zoom. Not any harder than your average pro camcorder

2019-4-7
Use props
fans63df9a2b
lvl.1
Greece

I would also like a slower zoom speeds and ease in, ease out zoom at the start/end.
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules