Mavic 2 pro - update problem
1549 15 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
elisedrone
lvl.1

Hi

I've recently bought the Mavic 2 Hasselblad, have flought it twice. Then have tried to update to v.01.00.0000 and since, I can't make it flight anymore.

RC is uptodate. I've installed Assistant 2 for Mavic and tried several time to update firmeware on my PC. From DJI Go4 my Iphone and Ipad don't even recognize the drone.

Problem is the led light that is supposed to help pairing RC with the drone is not even flashing (neither red or green) so my RC keep saying connecting... and can't pair with the drone.
Please help - I wish I could avoid having to send it back to DJI.

Attached : error massage from Assistant 2 when trying to update firmware from drone (not RC).

Thanks !

message_errir.jpg
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Can you please try to use a different computer to update the firmware of your Mavic 2 Pro via DJI Assistant 2? Next, kindly re-link your remote controller to your aircraft. After that, connect your iPhone to your drone. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.
2018-10-10
Use props
elisedrone
lvl.1

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-10 09:10
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Can you please try to use a different computer to update the firmware of your Mavic 2 Pro via DJI Assistant 2? Next, kindly re-link your remote controller to your aircraft. After that, connect your iPhone to your drone. Should you have further question, please let me know. Thank you.

thanks natalia for your quick reply.
we have tried on several PC and it did not work. The main problem is that the led on the right side of the drone is not on, can you explain how to solve that?
thanks
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

elisedrone Posted at 2018-10-10 09:13
thanks natalia for your quick reply.
we have tried on several PC and it did not work. The main problem is that the led on the right side of the drone is not on, can you explain how to solve that?
thanks

Hi, thanks for your response. Can you provide a sample video so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thanks
2018-10-10
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Assistant 2 provides the most reliable update. Do you have a firmware refresh option? The small LED next to the button is to link the remote. I would also try a different lead to connect. Hope you get it fixed.
2018-10-10
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Assistant 2 provides the most reliable update. Do you have a firmware refresh option? The small LED next to the button is to link the remote. I would also try a different lead to connect. Hope you get it fixed.
2018-10-10
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Assistant 2 provides the most reliable update. Do you have a firmware refresh option? The small LED next to the button (under plastic cover) is to link the remote. I would also try a different lead to connect the MP2 to a computer. Hope you get it fixed.
2018-10-10
Use props
elisedrone
lvl.1

Celsus Posted at 2018-10-10 11:17
DJI Assistant 2 provides the most reliable update. Do you have a firmware refresh option? The small LED next to the button (under plastic cover) is to link the remote. I would also try a different lead to connect the MP2 to a computer. Hope you get it fixed.

Thanks for your reply. It is that small LED that is not working (not even lighting or flashing as if it was off).
Let me try to send you a video.
2018-10-11
Use props
elisedrone
lvl.1

2018-10-11
Use props
elisedrone
lvl.1

The drone is on and plugged but the led light is not even flashing  or lighting.
2018-10-11
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

elisedrone Posted at 2018-10-11 10:06
The drone is on and plugged but the led light is not even flashing  or lighting.

That's not a LED. It's the right side avoidance cam. If your drone is on, the gimble lock shoundn't be on the cam. Having the gimble lock on with the drone on will cause gimble motor errors.
2018-10-11
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I agree with djl61 - that gimbal protector shouldn't be on during updates.
The drone may restart upon an update and shake it's head while doing so.

In your initial post you mentioned 'pairing with the RC'. Pairing is not needed since your product comes with AC + RC being paired.
The RC might not recognize the AC, that can happen sometimes. Restarting App/RC/AC may help.

I'm wondering: Did you connect your iPhone with the RC? I mean with the cable??
2018-10-11
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The LED under the small cover should light up when connected to DJI assistant 2 on a mac or pc.. I have just plugged mine in without the cover and double checked. Try another lead and make sure you have the latest Dji assistant 2 software as it doesn't work with earlier versions https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads You may have to return for repair/replacement if this doesn't work. The amber reflection indicates the power is on with gimbal cover on, this may damage the gimbal motor.
2018-10-11
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

Maybe the update is failing because the drone tried to restart during the update and having the gimbal cover on caused the error.
2018-10-11
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Make sure the RC is *off* before trying to flash the drone firmware.
Then make sure drone is *off* before flashing the RC firmware.
2018-10-12
Use props
MikeMerci
lvl.1
Flight distance : 43953 ft
Austria

Hassle Hassel - Update Try #98 - 3rd time loading the m2 cause when under 50% I first have to load the battery. This updating is frustrating and BlaBlaBla from DJI Support. I tried 3 different methods. It is the problemof DJI but they want to make people think it is their connection, their loading their. It is their update server in china. This is the problem. And nothing else.
2018-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules