Mavic 2 and Goggles RE - Working for a short range only
4505 28 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

I'm aware that there is a thread named "Googles RE not compatible with Mavic Pro 2".  There is two issues being listed in that thread and I would like to seperate the issues.  The issues are:
- Unable to bind/link the Goggles to the M2, and
- M2P(Z?) and Goggles (RE?) are only working for a short range before crashing/freezing both the Goggles and DJI Go 4 (& maybe the controller?).

I'd like this thread to be about the second issues listed above.

My configuration is as follows:
- iOS v.12.0.?
- iOS DJI Go 4 v.4.3.3
- Aircraft v.01.00.0000
- Remote Controller v.01.00.0000
- Goggles (RE?) v.1.0.7.0
- DJI M2P (or M2Z?)

A more descriptive explaination is:
When the the Controller w/ iPhone and the DJI Goggles RE are both connected to the M2P, the maximum flight distance is roughly 300m horizontally and 80m vertically, before the Controller w/ iPhone and DJI Goggles RE loses video connection.  Interestingly both devices freeze on the same frame.

Has anybody else experienced this issue and are you on the same configuration as listed above, if not how does your configuration vary?  If this is the case, what type of range are you receiving, both Hori. and Vert.?

Has anybody experienced this issue, and been able to resolve the issue.

Has anybody with the above configuration not experiences this issue?

I have seen a couple of Moderators acknowledge this issue in other threads, therefore the issue isn't unknown, and hopefully will be rsolved with a firmware or DJI Go4 update.
2018-10-10
Use props
Gyroguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470308 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just yesterday I discovered exactly the same problem. only with the googles connected did I have signal loss issue
2018-10-10
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Gyroguy Posted at 2018-10-10 18:03
Just yesterday I discovered exactly the same problem. only with the googles connected did I have signal loss issue

Do you have the same configuration?
2018-10-10
Use props
Gyroguy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1470308 ft
  • >>>
Canada

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-10 18:05
Do you have the same configuration?

Yes,  
Was thinking it may have something to do with the frequency’s,  if the googles are requesting a 5g signal and the remote is requesting 2.4g there could be a conflict..  not having the same problem with googles version 1. No 5g range.
cutting out on the same frame makes me think this, plus monitoring the signal and frequency when it happens.. . Probably will  need an update to resolve the issue.
2018-10-10
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

You can get better range if you screw an antenna into the antenna port on the goggles or select 2.4gHz on the remote. However, it's better, but, not right.
2018-10-10
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

It's a shame that the latest firmware update doesn't address this issue.
2018-10-11
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

Still waiting for a solution too...
2018-12-20
Use props
DanW55
lvl.2
United States

Returned mine for refund. I had the Mavic 2 Zoom/Goggles RE and a Samsung/Android phone. Different configuration but the same range limit. Turn off the Goggles, phone/remote reconnect to Mavic and I could fly several thousand feet further with no signal dropout. IF they get this fixed I may repurchase.
2018-12-21
Use props
ygor
lvl.4
Flight distance : 719245 ft
Brazil

still, still waiting... for months now...
2019-1-19
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

Im yet another Mavic 2/Goggles RE user that has had this major issue of Goggles RE limiting my range to 1000ft, at which point I get black/white screen & loss of telemtry & camera fpv...

Turn the goggles off and instantly, signal comes back strong and can fly for miles!!!

Ive used every combination of AC, RC, GOGGLES RE FIRMWARE AND ANDROID APP VERSIONS (INCLUDING SEVERAL DIFFERENT APK BUILDS such as v4.3.0 (666), v4.3.0 (840-official), v4.3.4 (689-official))

The only SLIGHT inprovement was with the older v4.3.0 (840-official) build but it was negligable...

Theres alot of other threads, with many other posts, all explaing the exact same issue...
WHERES THE SUPPORT DJI?
2019-1-20
Use props
djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1643907 ft
United States

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-11 20:13
It's a shame that the latest firmware update doesn't address this issue.

Yes, exactly.
It tells me that DJI gives no concern, AFTER THE SALE!!!
2019-1-20
Use props
enthusiastic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 187316 ft
Netherlands

I have the same issue! I am wondering whether this issue is related to DJI fraud incidence? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D541%26typeid%3D541

If that is the case, DJI should acknowledge this and provide us a fix asap.
2019-1-20
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 1-20 14:29
Im yet another Mavic 2/Goggles RE user that has had this major issue of Goggles RE limiting my range to 1000ft, at which point I get black/white screen & loss of telemtry & camera fpv...

Turn the goggles off and instantly, signal comes back strong and can fly for miles!!!

I’ve been asking for this HELP for the last 5 months.
2019-1-20
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_Tuuz94kwu5xM Posted at 1-20 14:31
Yes, exactly.
It tells me that DJI gives no concern, AFTER THE SALE!!!

I’m starting to believe so.
2019-1-20
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

enthusiastic Posted at 1-20 15:01
I have the same issue! I am wondering whether this issue is related to DJI fraud incidence? https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D541%26typeid%3D541

That’s an interesting theory. It maybe true.

One thing that I found interesting in the video was that DJI has 15,000 staff, but they only give us 5 staff on the forums, who have their hands ties behind their backs.
2019-1-20
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

enthusiastic Posted at 1-20 15:01

If the next firmware update doesn’t fix the issue, I think that DJI will have a flood of returns.
2019-1-21
Use props
byhead
lvl.3
United States

ME too, since I bought the M2P in August when released. Gog's RE just after.
So now I am thinking - the new Smart Controller has HDMI output.
How bout just utilizing the RE's via HDMI?  Then when DJI fixes
the issue, I can run my MAV Pro and MAV plat also FPV
you rascals!!!
SEE my reply in SMART CONTROLLER
byhead
2019-1-21
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

byhead Posted at 1-21 22:52
ME too, since I bought the M2P in August when released. Gog's RE just after.
So now I am thinking - the new Smart Controller has HDMI output.
How bout just utilizing the RE's via HDMI?  Then when DJI fixes

I want to be able to have both the RC monitor and Goggle RE working, so a friend can watch, as well as me flying.

I here that DJI will be releasing a Master and Slave combination, for training purposes. That’d also require for dual connections to work. Let’s wait and see.
2019-1-21
Use props
Dagdernit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 170039 ft
United States

I have had nothing but trouble with my purchase of the Mavic 2 Zoom, fly more, and RE Goggles package. I even purchased extra RE receivers for my race quads that I personally build. I bought the M2Z w/RE Goggles the first week of release. First day, the goggles would not bind and also the radio transmitter to the drone had a short range of 3 houses or approximately 300 feet. I call DJi and the rep tells me that they are aware of the problems and to wait as there would be a new firmware update out very soon that will correct them. I waited and am still having the problems so I don't even fly it. I asked to return for a refund and was told that window of opportunity is closed. That I had a couple weeks from receiving to get a refund. What bull...!!! They told me to wait and screwed me! Never again will I buy another DJi product. They are deceptive and untrustworthy reminding me of how car dealerships used to be...
2019-1-22
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Dagdernit Posted at 1-22 05:15
I have had nothing but trouble with my purchase of the Mavic 2 Zoom, fly more, and RE Goggles package. I even purchased extra RE receivers for my race quads that I personally build. I bought the M2Z w/RE Goggles the first week of release. First day, the goggles would not bind and also the radio transmitter to the drone had a short range of 3 houses or approximately 300 feet. I call DJi and the rep tells me that they are aware of the problems and to wait as there would be a new firmware update out very soon that will correct them. I waited and am still having the problems so I don't even fly it. I asked to return for a refund and was told that window of opportunity is closed. That I had a couple weeks from receiving to get a refund. What bull...!!! They told me to wait and screwed me! Never again will I buy another DJi product. They are deceptive and untrustworthy reminding me of how car dealerships used to be...

I feel your frustration.  I am in a similar position to you. At least the Australian law protects me from this behavior. I see that many others have received a full refund after pointing the service department to the many forum threads about this issue. It is 2 weeks from purchasing the drone for a no questions ask refund, but a drone which doesn’t work due to DJI issues is eligible for a refund. Have a look above of people who have received a refund. I also have another thread which has additional people who have received a refund.

When were you told that firmware fixing the issue would resolve the issue (date advised).

Best of luck.
2019-1-22
Use props
djiuser_cAyX1IIsr5Qb
lvl.1
Argentina

Something new about Mavic 2  and Goggles...?
2019-1-29
Use props
Unrealanthony
lvl.1
Argentina

Hi guys, well, I have Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro and Dji Goggles RE. I have the same problems as you about the limited scope with Mavic 2 and Goggles RE, a terrible transmission and I can not use the smooth mode. I tried everything I read in tutorials, forums, Dji support recommendations, etz., and like all of you, nothing works. Yesterday, I linked my Mavic Pro with the RE glasses and I tried it, the combo worked very well, excellent connection, no delay, no latency, perfect "smooth mode", 800 m distance in the city center without any minimal problem, It just worked great. So, here I have 2 news, one good and one bad. The good thing is that Goggles RE works perfectly with Mavic Pro, maybe the glasses are not the problem, the bad news is that I bought Mavic 2 Pro because it is an evolution and improvement of Mavic Pro but it does not work. I'm not an engineer, I don´t know where is the problem, if is a software or hardware problem, I have the hope that with a firmware update fix this isue. Please Dji, give us a solution.
2019-2-2
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_cAyX1IIsr5Qb Posted at 1-29 16:13
Something new about Mavic 2  and Goggles...?

No, this hasn’t been working correctly since launch.
2019-2-2
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

My question is this, before I send these Goggles all the way back to China, has anyone on here seen or know of anyone who owns a pair of the Goggles RE and Mavic 2 Pro who have not had an issue? Because it appears to me that everyone with this combo has the same exact issue, just wondering that if it’s a design flaw then sending them back would just be a waste of time.

Thanks

2019-3-3
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

Mavical Posted at 3-3 14:46
Question for the group.

After many months of nudging DJI to address the range issue with the Goggle RE and Mavic 2 Pro, they have just asked me to send them back the unit so they can “replace the core board” *See attached email.

Hi Mavical, did you send your Goggles back to DJI or are you waiting for others feedback?

Please follow this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=184488
2019-3-21
Use props
Mavical
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2206696 ft
United States

Hey UNsyncED,

I was about to send my Goggles RE to DJI as instructed, but then I received a reply to my post (check out post #65) here from someone suggesting if I had a new Smart Controller then I should run a test flight.   

https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... les-re.51064/page-4

Once I finally had a chance to fly my Mavic 2 Pro with my new Smart Controller and Goggles RE I was really floored with my results….for the first time since owning the M2P and Goggles RE together, I was able to reach 3 miles (in Normal Mode) easily. I was also able to keep it in HD mode for about a mile.

I never thought that the culprit would be the original M2P RC unit. I am super happy to be able to use my Goggles RE again.

What is strange is they are still saying it’s the Goggles, not the original RC unit… so how can they explain how others who have the combo of SRC + M2P + Goggles RE are obtaining the correct range?

I will be curious over time to see how DJI responds to this clear design issue with their original controller.
2019-3-25
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

I have started a ticket and will be finally sending my goggles in this week after 8 months of no acknowledgement of an issue with DJI. I’ll keep everyone updated.
2019-3-25
Use props
djiuser_yJbWwrbm0AU8
lvl.2
Australia

I just had the same problem yesterday afternoon giving my RE goggles a go for the first time. I was shocked that maybe it was a mavic 2 pro range problem because it was only my 2nd mavic 2 pro flight.
I will be checking tonight if the range problem goes away if I don't use my goggles.
Whatever the problem is, i will be requesting a refund for the goggles or both.
2019-3-31
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Australia

djiuser_yJbWwrbm0AU8 Posted at 3-31 20:10
I just had the same problem yesterday afternoon giving my RE goggles a go for the first time. I was shocked that maybe it was a mavic 2 pro range problem because it was only my 2nd mavic 2 pro flight.
I will be checking tonight if the range problem goes away if I don't use my goggles.
Whatever the problem is, i will be requesting a refund for the goggles or both.

Please have a look at this thread
2019-3-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules