Hardware issue- Drone stuttering during first minute.
614 4 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WiredFire
lvl.1
United States

Hello,

I recently bought a Spark to downsize bags when i fly for work.

About a week ago i got my Spark out to update Firmware, gps, etc. After the update finished, I went outside to fly the AC, but when the AC took off, I immediately Lost all controls of AC. It proceeded to fly into the side of my house at sport mode speed (It was out of sport mode).

AC broke a prop, which snapped in half, the aircraft then tried to recalibrate itself, it took off with only 3 props, flying across the yard, skipping across the grass and concrete into the side of my truck. It made a horrific grinding noise.

I ran over to pick it up and realised 3 out of 4 props are now MIA/Broken, the back LED light Covers are missing and damaged, and the White uperhalf of the body is now out of the casing. I took it inside, and removed the screws holding the AC together. Popped the drone back together the correct way, ordered new LED covers and props and hoped for the best.

Here is the point....

Now on the first minute of takeoff, I will hover about 4 ft off the ground, it will start to jolt down at about 6 inchs every 2 seconds, even with the controller telling it to fly up( it does fly up, Just slowly)After about a minute of it doing this, it will stop, and resume flying normal, I think. I have been iffy to fly it any farther then 15-20 feet in fear it will happen again or the AC will fail.

Any input would be wonderful on maybe something I broke or something that might be DJI Support worthy to send in for.

Thanks!
2018-10-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Is it doing something like this?
Try to fly not using the app slide start

2018-10-10
Use props
WiredFire
lvl.1
United States

Yes! Exactly this! But, Mine does it regardless if i use the app or just the controller.
2018-10-10
Use props
cantflyalick
lvl.2

Thailand

Today I took off, and it just started descending on its own, which it has done before.

The things are little pieces, totally out of control way too often. And, when you contact dji after one has self destructed, they basically politely tell you to pound sand.

Today after my weird flight, the second in about three attempts, came down and did not stop recording before i turned it off. Lost all my footage. Good one, as if a line of code somewhere could not have been written "stop recording when off button pressed".
2018-10-11
Use props
cantflyalick
lvl.2

Thailand

S-e-ven Posted at 2018-10-10 20:57
Is it doing something like this?
Try to fly not using the app slide start

Thanks for posting that. Definitely had this problem on at least two of my last three flights. One time i almost went in water because of it. Will give this a try.
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules