Shooting aeb/hdr in wind
560 5 2018-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rerick
lvl.1

Iv'e got a shoot tomorrow, will my p4p handle shooting hdr/aeb in 10-15 mph winds in tripod mode?
2018-10-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

The simple answer Yes.
I shoot AEB/HDR and don't even use the "Tripod mode" (Maybe I should).

Obviosuly you might get the odd gust of wind that is greater than 10-15 mph and whilst I personally now usually always shoot 5 shots, if there is lots of wind or potential movement this could be cut back to just 3 exposures.

And by taking twice as many shots as you would normally, just in case you cover all bases.

Good luck.

2018-10-13
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

KEJ Posted at 2018-10-13 12:54
The simple answer Yes.
I shoot AEB/HDR and don't even use the "Tripod mode" (Maybe I should).

How did you get on and any samples ?
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Thanks for your inquiry. The maximum wind speed resistance of the Phantom 4 pro is 10 m/s which is equivalent to 22 miles per hour and I believe that it can still fly with that certain wind. Please let us know if you have other concern.
2018-10-14
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-14 12:57
Hi. Thanks for your inquiry. The maximum wind speed resistance of the Phantom 4 pro is 10 m/s which is equivalent to 22 miles per hour and I believe that it can still fly with that certain wind. Please let us know if you have other concern.

Good to know as a general yard stick!
2018-10-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Your Phantom will hardly notice 10-15 mph winds and easily hold position.

Despite its name Tripod Mode does nothing to make the camera more stable (the gimbbal does that in any mode).
Tripod mode simply slows the speed and reduces the response to stick movements to make fine control movements easier.
Tripod mode is for safely manoeuvring close to obstacles.

2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules