After fixing constant beeping, the Pro3 goes crazy!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cobraman
lvl.1
United States

For some reason, the Pro 3's controller just spontaniously started beeping constantly. It flew perfectly, but you had the annoying beeping to deal with.
I then followed the factory-recommended fix by resetting the controller. That's when the real fun began.
I went outside to fly and everthing looked ok until I ascended to about 4 feet. The controller inputs didn't match what the drone did, and the drone started going out of control.
I BARELY saved it and tried again after restarting the controller and drone .... same results. Now I'm afraid to try to fly it again. Does anyone have idea what is going on???
I see NOTHING on the web that corresponds with the issue I suddenly started having.
No software upgrade or anything else was changed, and it has performed perfectly for months. This literally just came "out of the blue" and I can see no reason why my previously perfectly running Pro 3 is doing this.
2018-10-14
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Did you relink after you reset the controller?
2018-10-14
Use props
Cobraman
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2018-10-14 08:58
Did you relink after you reset the controller?

It relinked automatically. Everything looked perfect until takeoff. Gimbal worked, camera worked and it did respond to the controller, other than the fact it wouldn't go where I told it to ....

I'm guessing by your response,  you think it may need to be re-linked ....
2018-10-14
Use props
Cobraman
lvl.1
United States

Any help would be deeply appreciated as I'm abroad and these are very definitely a "one-time" deal for some of these shots ...
2018-10-14
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

Cobraman Posted at 2018-10-14 13:10
Any help would be deeply appreciated as I'm abroad and these are very definitely a "one-time" deal for some of these shots ...

The beeping might also have indicated that the controller needed a calibration, might be worth a try as only takes about two minutes to complete.

You could also post the flight record to http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

And post the results page URL to here. That may give some indication as to what caused your erratic flight.
2018-10-14
Use props
LarBear360
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63537 ft

Did you look at your stick settings? You may have them reversed.
2018-10-15
Use props
Cobraman
lvl.1
United States

After recalibrating the controller six or more times, I finally got the Pro3 to behave. DJI needs to find a better method for calibration ... six+  times seems more than a bit excessive. And I followed the DJI video to the "letter".
Thanks to all that responded ... I truly appreciate the help!  
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules