HELP Mavic 2 Pro Assistant thinks drone is sideways....HELP
1778 16 2018-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
harmapro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 261421 ft

Hey guys and gals,

I'm having this issue where I've gone and downloaded the Assistant, upgraded to the neweset firmware, downgraded to the original firmware and upgraded again, and I still have this happening to my brand new, "shiny" mavic 2 pro...

When I go in to the calibration menu of the assistant, the first message that appears is that it thinks the drone is sideways. All the tutorial imagery shows the drone straight/level/normal, and I would assume that this is the way it should be calibrated....

Check out these pics, to see what I mean,,, notice how the two front cameras in the bottom left of my screen show the dots on their side, hence the message, while the drone is level.

please help....

mavic2pro calib error1

mavic2pro calib error1

mavic2pro calibration error

mavic2pro calibration error

mavic2pro error3

mavic2pro error3
2018-10-14
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
South Africa

Have you tried to complete it the way it is
2018-10-15
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2
Canada

YES, The quick answer I tried and was unsuccessful!.      
I tried twice and when I get to the side sensors it freezes up at the point where you calibrate the left side of the screen. So I have not managed to complete it yet.... I'm thinking its possible if your ready before you get to that point, because once it loses it (in other words - once you start moving the drone around during calibration to try and line things up, then things get all funky) but like I said at that point it just seems off to begin with....
2018-10-15
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2
Canada

Interesting how there are 49 views and no hard to the point solutions....or many comments.....
2018-10-15
Use props
Fraggboy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 81401 ft
United States

You are running v2.0.2?  If so, I would un-install and re-install Assistant.  If that doesn't work, I would calibrate the IMU's, compass, and then try to calibrate the vision sensors with the Assistant.
2018-10-15
Use props
Grumps
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16610876 ft
United States

When I calibrated mine the orientation of the aircraft for the forward sensors was sideways (right side props up). That was how the tutorial at the beginning showed. It seemed weird, but it worked fine.
2018-10-15
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2
Canada

Fraggboy Posted at 2018-10-15 10:07
You are running v2.0.2?  If so, I would un-install and re-install Assistant.  If that doesn't work, I would calibrate the IMU's, compass, and then try to calibrate the vision sensors with the Assistant.

Already tried all that...thanks.
2018-10-15
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2
Canada

Grumps Posted at 2018-10-15 10:20
When I calibrated mine the orientation of the aircraft for the forward sensors was sideways (right side props up). That was how the tutorial at the beginning showed. It seemed weird, but it worked fine.

Really? That is just weird...if its supposed to be like that..but..the tutorial video DOES NOT show the mavic 2 pro sideways.
2018-10-15
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2
Canada

Grumps Posted at 2018-10-15 10:20

...you can even notice the screen shot above where in the top left of the image showing the pic of the same tutorial, the mavic is level. ;(
2018-10-15
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

I will also add to this that the way its supposed to be calibrated (at least according to dji) is with the ac sideways.
Did this and havent had a problem with the sensors after.
Watch the calibration animation and follow it.
2018-10-16
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2

Mrimstad Posted at 2018-10-16 14:44
I will also add to this that the way its supposed to be calibrated (at least according to dji) is with the ac sideways.
Did this and havent had a problem with the sensors after.
Watch the calibration animation and follow it.

Can you show me where it says that DJI says this... thanks!
2018-10-16
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

2018-10-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer
Flight distance : 621909 ft
  • >>>

Uninstall the Assistant 2 you have. I just went through this also. if you look at the demo pic it appears to be a Spark in the OP. you need to run the Assistant V2.0.2
i by mistake downloaded the wrong Assistant 2 as well and tried the calibration and it wanted me to turn the craft to the left and would freeze on side sensors. then would just sit at calculating and wouldnt progress. uninstalled the Assistant 2 and went to this page https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and worked like a charm
2018-10-17
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2

TruGreen Posted at 2018-10-17 02:31
Uninstall the Assistant 2 you have. I just went through this also. if you look at the demo pic it appears to be a Spark in the OP. you need to run the Assistant V2.0.2
i by mistake downloaded the wrong Assistant 2 as well and tried the calibration and it wanted me to turn the craft to the left and would freeze on side sensors. then would just sit at calculating and wouldnt progress. uninstalled the Assistant 2 and went to this page https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads and worked like a charm

Dude, You saved the day. That was exactly the problem. Calibration 100%

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!
2018-10-17
Use props
harmapro
lvl.2

!!!!!!!!SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!
2018-10-17
Use props
TruGreen
Second Officer