Best Phone or tablet for SPARK
3285 20 2018-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1762 ft
United States

I would like to know what is the best platform to use with the spark w/remote controller.
I believe I have narrowed down my auctions to either iPad Mini 4, a newer iPhone or the Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
I have the OTG cable so I would be able to directly connect the remote control with the device via USB etc.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJIJAKOB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 740577 ft
  • >>>
Norway

The iPad Mini 4 works very well, it also fits inside the remote controller brackets so you won't need a tablet adapter. Personally I use the Samsung Galaxy S9 normally and it works with no problems. Galaxy Note 9 will also work fine.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, thank you for reaching DJI forum. You can check our recommended devices below. If the phone or tablet is not listed below, there's a possibility that it will still work fine however we cannot ensure if you can use all the features and functionality on the APP. Please let us know if you have other concern, we're here to help.
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

Thank you for the information.
My other question regards the OTG cable how is that working with the note 9 or the I mini.
Issues I'm having right now our video. I'm flying in tripod mode 30 frames per second manual settings on video yet my video I'm getting a slight vertical rolling while filming what I mean by Rolling is a noticeable line scrolling up the screen. Any ideas suggestions
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin, thank you very much for that list of devices. Also does the OTG cable reduce video interference and actually assist with video.
2018-10-17
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ Posted at 2018-10-17 07:02
Thank you for the information.
My other question regards the OTG cable how is that working with the note 9 or the I mini.
Issues I'm having right now our video. I'm flying in tripod mode 30 frames per second manual settings on video yet my video I'm getting a slight vertical rolling while filming what I mean by Rolling is a noticeable line scrolling up the screen. Any ideas suggestions

Can you post a screen capture of what you are seeing with the vertical rolling?  
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

Hope you can see it in the video. I downloaded this video direct from the spark to my phone so it came directly from the SD card via remote to my phone
2018-10-17
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can find a list of recommended and commonly used mobile devices here:

Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily)
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

Hope you can see it in the video. I downloaded this video direct from the spark to my phone so it came directly from the SD card via remote to my phone.
Link:
https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/videos/share/video-roll-with-spark
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-10-17 07:22
Can you post a screen capture of what you are seeing with the vertical rolling?

2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

30 fps, man, Filter ND16-PL
2018-10-17
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

This looks like you are using the low-res cached footage on the phone rather than original footage from the SD card in the aircraft itself.  Could that be the case?
I'd recommend checking the footage directly from the SD card on a computer.
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

KlooGee Posted at 2018-10-17 07:54
This looks like you are using the low-res cached footage on the phone rather than original footage from the SD card in the aircraft itself.  Could that be the case?

Yes, could be. I'm going to take the SD card out and DL it to my PC right now.
Thanks alot for assistance
2018-10-17
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I use iPad Air 2 and it works perfectly.

Flysafe
Alex
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

So I downloaded the video directly from the SD card to my PC. Still had the video roll. I shot some more video yesterday but I used a different filter over the lens. The video did not have the role so I'm wondering if maybe the filter which was a ND 16 PL had anything to do with it. Strange though. Still trying to figure out the best settings for a sunny day shutter speed filter Etc
2018-10-18
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-17 11:48
I use iPad Air 2 and it works perfectly.

Flysafe

I'm looking at an iPad Mini 4 256gb right now. I think that is a good mix of size and weight and screen ratio
2018-10-18
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ Posted at 2018-10-18 05:32
I'm looking at an iPad Mini 4 256gb right now. I think that is a good mix of size and weight and screen ratio

Yes it’s ok.
Although I would worry a bit about the compatibility of iPad mini 4 with the upcoming versions of DJI go 4, just because some users reported issues with their iPad mini 4 running the latest app versions.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-18
Use props
Stray Cat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35502 ft
United States

I have a Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016) and no problems using OTG or WiFi. Bought an adapter to fit to remote phone brackets. (Skyreat Mavic Air Pro Foldable Aluminum-Alloy 4-12" iPad Tablet Mount Holder for DJI Mavic 2 Pro, Mavic 2 Zoom/Mavic Pro/Mavic Air, DJI Spark Accessories Remote Controller)
2018-10-18
Use props
jacksonnai
Captain

Well if you want huge screen then the Ipad mini 4 will be the great choice. Read here for more https://www.phantomhelp.com/Tips/best-tabletsphones-for-dji-go.18
2018-10-19
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

I noticed something yesterday. While using the 16 filter, I had the video roll. These are Polarpro. Strange, maybe the cam is getting confused with the filter?
2018-10-19
Use props
djiuser_oaUP1jBksftJ
lvl.1
United States

Stray_Cat, sounds like a nice setup
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules