Mavic Pro Firmware update catastrophe
1473 12 2018-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

Hello guys, im very new to the community I only bought my first drone 2 month ago, and now I need urgent help.
I saw that there was a new firmware update for version v1.04.0500 and started the update with the DJI go 4 app on my tablet. I got an error saying the AC was disconnected, then I tried to update it with my phone a Samsung S6 with the DJI go 4 app, again the error, finally i tried with the dji assistant 2 on my macbook still error.

It downloads 100%, then goes to Transmitting 100% but on Updating it gets stuck in 40% and then the AC resets.

The worst part is that now if I turn on the RC and then the AC I get them connected but have no video feed, also it says there is no SD card when there is, and I cannot tilt the camera. The RC still can lift the AC and i can hover but no video signal whatsoever.

Please Help!!!
2018-10-17
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Pull microSD card.  Leave it out for now.

Try using Assistant-2 to do a factory Reset.
Then try reloading previous FW your Mavic was running.
Need to do same for your R.C.

If reloading works.  Try putting microSD card back in drone and format it. (You will loose what ever was on it.)

2018-10-17
Use props
Bruno Franchi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26358 ft

H.Giunio I have the same issue than you, I've just created an topic (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 6orderby%3Ddateline) but they didn't solve my problem yet too. Hope with you together they realize it's a real problem and can solve it for us
2018-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>

The update takes a while to complete if I remember correctly and there are restarts as part of the update, does it report 'update failed' or is it just because it resets you suspect it has failed ?

I would try running it again and leave it for at least 15-20 minutes.

Edit:- There is also a FW update for RC, and it may need to be relinked to aircraft after all is completed.
2018-10-18
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

Aardvark Posted at 2018-10-18 03:13
The update takes a while to complete if I remember correctly and there are restarts as part of the update, does it report 'update failed' or is it just because it resets you suspect it has failed ?

I would try running it again and leave it for at least 15-20 minutes.

It reports update failed, I tried at least 5 times, I left it a whole night to see if it reconnects and finish but nothing....
2018-10-18
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

Bruno Franchi Posted at 2018-10-18 03:07
H.Giunio I have the same issue than you, I've just created an topic (https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=169616&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dauthor%26typeid%3D542%26orderby%3Ddateline%26typeid%3D542%26orderby%3Ddateline) but they didn't solve my problem yet too. Hope with you together they realize it's a real problem and can solve it for us

I hope you get it fixed aswell
2018-10-18
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

H.Giunio Posted at 2018-10-18 03:54
It reports update failed, I tried at least 5 times, I left it a whole night to see if it reconnects and finish but nothing....

"I left it a whole night to see if it reconnects and finish but nothing"

That might be a valid point, although it has downloaded the files from server and transmitted them to the aircraft (at least I think that's how it works), I do not know if it still requires any communications with the server whilst updating.

If you look in 'About' in 'general settings' menu in DJI Go 4 it should show the current versions in use. The fact that you can control the aircraft with RC proves they are talking to each other.
2018-10-18
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-17 19:14

I´ll try your advice tonight, I´ll let you know how it goes.

Thank you.
2018-10-18
Use props
tjalex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 422375 ft
  • >>>
Chile

Thanks for sharing
2018-10-18
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 2018-10-17 19:14

Nope, It didn´t work, still no video fee from the camera...
2018-10-19
Use props
Bruno Franchi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26358 ft

Didn't work for me too. Yesterday I tried everything...
I'm trying to downgrade MP and Controller to .400 version and the app to the previous version...but the app I don't know how to downgrade  
2018-10-19
Use props
H.Giunio
lvl.1

Chile

Aardvark Posted at 2018-10-18 04:03
"I left it a whole night to see if it reconnects and finish but nothing"

That might be a valid point, although it has downloaded the files from server and transmitted them to the aircraft (at least I think that's how it works), I do not know if it still requires any communications with the server whilst updating.

Yes they talk to each other, but the communication is broken since I get no video feed and I cannot control the camera, and also it says no sd card although the sd card is inserted in the slot.

The screen says codificator error 0x800000 as pictured.
2018-10-20
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>

H.Giunio Posted at 2018-10-20 05:32
Yes they talk to each other, but the communication is broken since I get no video feed and I cannot control the camera, and also it says no sd card although the sd card is inserted in the slot.

The screen says codificator error 0x800000 as pictured.[view_image]

It could be a genuine fault, but you could maybe try a few things that may or may not make a difference.

You could try connecting display to lower USB port on RC (unplug side cable from RC for lower port to work). The smaller supplied cable sometimes causes problems.

Have you a different display device you could use for update, if not then a clean install of DJI Go 4 might help.

Relinking RC to aircraft has cleared some problems for some.

In 'About' in 'General Settings' menu what builds does it give, can you post a screen snapshot ?

2018-10-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules