Hyperlapse Maximum 5s of Video?
2547 4 2018-10-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

I've tested out the hyperlapse feature recently and wanted to make a nice sunrise video of my hometown.
Battery was fully charged (gave me around 25min flight) but i only was able to shoot a hyperlapse with a maximum video lenght of 5 seconds.

So if i wanted to set the interval higher at about 5-10sec to get a longer period to catch the full sunrise the end video lenght will be shortened to 2 seconds.
In the end the drone was always at a hyperlapse recording time around 10min, which is 2,5 less than what the drone could fly.

Anyone experienced this too? I want to make longer hyperlapses or jusst a 5sec one with a higher interval...

2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, rarevfx_official, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. For better information of how to use the Hyperlapse Mode, kindly take time to watch the video below. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-10-18
Use props
parkgt214
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1167008 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-18 02:09
Hi, rarevfx_official, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had. For better information of how to use the Hyperlapse Mode, kindly take time to watch the video below. We're here to help you. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAMRolXmD5Q

The last update has created problems with the Hyperlapse function.  It was better in the previous version.

My observation and issues:  

May not apply to oothers

It seems in Waypoint that the length of the finished video can only be increased by flying further.  Unfortunately I don't want to always fly further.  Or I just couldn't find the flight speed control.

It seem as if there is preset flying speed.  The preset frames per second is 25 for the finished video. . So each 1 second increase in desired video length require 25 more photos.  Since these can be taken every 2 seconds, that's at least 50 seconds of flying to get the one second of video.  If the speed is preset then this equals a predefined distance.  So to me it seems you have to fly further to get more time.  

Waypoint needs to adjust flight speed to take the number of pictures needed to complete the desired length of video  in the distance between first and last waypoint whether that is 10 feet of 2 miles.  

For example 8 seconds of finished video is going to require 400 photos (25/s x 8).  These 400 should be evenly spaced along the flight path between fist and last Waypoint.

2018-10-18
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

parkgt214 Posted at 2018-10-18 16:20
The last update has created problems with the Hyperlapse function.  It was better in the previous version.

My observation and issues:  

thanks for the in depth reply! Tought it might be the distance but yes, its pretty bumming since i dont always want to hyperlapse to have the same speed even in tight metropolitan areas...

Thanks! Need to try it out
2018-10-18
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-18 02:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAMRolXmD5Q

Thanks for sharing this
2018-10-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules