Do I need to transfer registration of a second hand Air
5444 10 2018-10-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JonnyC
lvl.1
Flight distance : 139600 ft

Hi

This is my first time on the forum so really excited about getting to know everyone and learning some cool stuff.

i've just purchased a second hand Mavic Air from eBay and was wondering if there are any legalities or simple recomendations I should follow.  I'm not talking so much about the drone code as my work have put me through a PfCO course.  Wondering more about logging this with DJI as I'm not sure if it was previously registered??  Anything else involved in a transfer of ownership / warranty etc.  I have a copy of the proof of purchase from the previous owner.

Many thanks for any pointers - John
2018-10-18
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is nothing to transfer ownership-wise. The new owner just needs to install DJI GO, log into their DJI account, and fly.
2018-10-18
Use props
JonnyC
lvl.1

msinger Posted at 2018-10-18 12:22
There is nothing to transfer ownership-wise. The new owner just needs to install DJI GO, log into their DJI account, and fly.

Thanks for the quick reply.  Much appreciated

John
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern, yes there is no need for a transferring ownership you just need to create your DJI Account from the App or website and that's it. Good thing you have the proof of purchase for the warranty purpose.
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. Regarding your concern, yes there is no need for a transferring ownership you just need to create your DJI Account from the App or website and that's it. Good thing you have the proof of purchase for the warranty purpose.
2018-10-18
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

All you need to do is create a DJI account which you've already done since you're here on the forum. Use that account to login to the DJI GO4 app on the device you're flying with and that's it. It's been asked several time before and the DJI folks always answer any remaining warranty or Care Refresh is against the serial number of the drone, not the user, so there's nothing else required from DJI. If you're in the USA, if for hobby/recreation, you have to register yourself, not the drone (may change with the new FAA Re-authorization Act of 2018 - but not for now) and put your registration number on the drone and you're all set.If you plan to fly commercially, you register each drone with the FAA under part 107.

2018-10-18
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>

I see you got several responses while I was typing mine, I thought I was gonna be first!
2018-10-18
Use props
JonnyC
lvl.1

FatherXmas Posted at 2018-10-18 12:33
I see you got several responses while I was typing mine, I thought I was gonna be first!

Thanks FatherXmas, good to hear from you.  I'm based in the UK and have just applied to the CAA for my  license to fly commercially with them.

This is however the first time I've owned my own drone so was wondering if there was more to it.  Sounds nice and simple
2018-10-18
Use props
lizastinson
New

wow, thanks guys for your replies!
2018-10-18
Use props
lizastinson
New

like it!
2018-10-18
Use props
JonnyC
lvl.1

lizastinson Posted at 2018-10-18 15:08
wow, thanks guys for your replies!

Wehey!!! The statutory sarcastic poster!   Don't worry Lizastinson every forum's got one

You're a very funny guy . Like it!
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules