413 6 2018-10-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
l3ksy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96493 ft
Slovenia

Hello all.

Today was my third time flying my new Mavic 2 Pro.

On some point aircraft suddenly lost connection from RC. I was 40m away from it. It lost connection, and keep going in last direction i had my sticks for a couple of seconds. Then it stopped, turned AWAY from hone point and started to go for a couple of 10meters.

Then it stopped and turned back to home point and started to go. Then i get my commands back.

I dont know, i think i did nothing wrong. But i am not so confident in it anymore if it could just fly away! What should I do?

Here is my flight record (about 6m it all started)

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/5PMH1IU200G707FTLX3L/

Thabk you
Ales
2018-10-19
Use props
Squashpile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 214019 ft
United States

Check flight status next time. I bet it said poor signal quality. You will still have full bars, but it will disconnect pretty quickly.
2018-10-19
Use props
l3ksy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 96493 ft
Slovenia

Hum... It was ok before take off in between too, i checked. I did not check 2min before it happen... I dont know ;(
2018-10-19
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would recommend re-linking the aircraft and the RC, you can also consider changing the location to see if the issue will persist. I would recommend to re-calibrate the IMU and compass of your drone in any case that you'll change the location. Please avoid interference to avoid the incident. Please keep us posted on the latest progress.
2018-10-21
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Squashpile Posted at 2018-10-19 10:33
Check flight status next time. I bet it said poor signal quality. You will still have full bars, but it will disconnect pretty quickly.

What usually is the cause of poor signal quality ?
2018-10-21
Use props
Boffin
Second Officer
Australia

Kingram Posted at 2018-10-21 17:25
What usually is the cause of poor signal quality ?

Usually interference from nearby WiFi devices (routers/security systems, communication links etc). Also some towers eg Wireless NBN (here in Australia) can mess with the signals.

Finally, flying behind buildings, hills and dense vegetation can all reduce the signal quality (as well as flying too far away from the r/c)
2018-10-21
Use props
Future Shock Visuals
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56211 ft

Boffin Posted at 2018-10-21 17:57
Usually interference from nearby WiFi devices (routers/security systems, communication links etc). Also some towers eg Wireless NBN (here in Australia) can mess with the signals.

Finally, flying behind buildings, hills and dense vegetation can all reduce the signal quality (as well as flying too far away from the r/c)

Thanks I think you've just answered my earlier post thanks
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules