839 13 2018-10-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
aceven
lvl.1
Flight distance : 456 ft

Turkey

hey there ppl,

well, i got my spark last week and i have been waiting for a post with my very first footage to show you guys with my excitement, but things went south and here i am with my first crash, my first post is not the way i wanted but,, anyway,

as one of the common newbie user fault, not disabling the return to home setting caused my  first drone crash, i was flying it while i was walking to the grocery shop and when i heard battery beep i was about to lowering it but all of a sudden a couple of street dogs came out of nowhere and barking and trying to bite my spark which i was flying about 2 meters height, i chased damn dog gang and on that panic moment i forgot that home point was too far, i was just descending to land i swear only 3 more second and it will be on ground, but as you guess rth mode activated and it was all too fast (because i never used it on sport mode before, damn this thing can go very fast) and appartment block was very close about 2 meters, quickly ascended and turned and crashed into a appertment wall before i disable the rth function,

and luckily it crashed the wall with a balcony, so after crash it only fell maybe 1 meters max, after that in short i buzzed a couple of doors and found the right balcony and took it back.

as i inspected it there is no heavy damage, just the one prop guard bended (thank god i put them) and gimball in minor damage, just rushed back home installed 2nd battery and checked, gimball works without any problem but it suffered some cosmetic damage as the pictures, as an experienced electronic repair guy i think i can fix it by finding the right part, well the problem is i couldnt, one side with the camera housing which got lens on it is available on some online shop but the other side which flexi cable run through it is like ultra epic item on mmorpg, couldnt find it at all, looking for it almost 2 hours and no results, i was wondering if you guys know the part number of that part,
kasa.jpg
20181021_005722.jpg
20181021_005744.jpg
2018-10-20
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi,

If you do a picture search for "dji spark gimbal part" there are several shops that have it in store.
You can also ask there if they have some part with defective electroncis that they'll sell you.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-21
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi aceven, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do feel sad about what happened that day. You may try to have the aircraft repaired in our repair center within your region. Kindly visit the link https://www.dji.com/service/repair/centers for more information. Thank you.

2018-10-21
Use props
aceven
lvl.1

Turkey

Wolferl Posted at 2018-10-21 00:45
Hi,

If you do a picture search for "dji spark gimbal part" there are several shops that have it in store.

Are you sure. Because all i can find is the left part which got the lens. The right part that flexi cable run throufg is not available anywhere.
İf you found excat part could you please send me the link
2018-10-21
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

aceven Posted at 2018-10-21 02:55
Are you sure. Because all i can find is the left part which got the lens. The right part that flexi cable run throufg is not available anywhere.

There you go:
ebay
https://store.cloudcitydrones.co ... -camera-module.html
Amazon

(I'm not affiliated with any of them, I just googled them).
I don't think you'll get that damaged part alone anywhere.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-21
Use props
aceven
lvl.1

Turkey

Wolferl Posted at 2018-10-21 02:59
There you go:
ebay
https://store.cloudcitydrones.com/dji-spark-gimbal-and-camera-module.html

Well its the full gimball as working and expensive. İ already saw them. All i need the parts as i posted on pics.
Or maybe some full gimballs not working (water damage sensor damage) to have fair low price
2018-10-21
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Austria

...or you know somebody who has a decent 3D printer to create that part yourself.
2018-10-21
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

All parts are available...just search more thoroughly.
2018-10-21
Use props
S.J
Second Officer
Flight distance : 322454 ft
Japan

aceven Posted at 2018-10-21 02:55

it comes as a set unfortunately !
2018-10-21
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Ow.

Take your first flights carefully. Stay out of sport mode. Don't go far away or to high.

I've flown many R/C quads over the years. My first flight with the Spark was to lift it about head high, leave it hover for a few seconds, and land.

Second spark flight, I turned it around shooting a video.

2018-10-21
Use props
Glhs958
Second Officer
Flight distance : 753130 ft
  • >>>
United States

Gimbal Camera Motor Arm Cover
2018-10-21
Use props
aceven
lvl.1

Turkey

Glhs958 Posted at 2018-10-21 07:15

Yes man thats the part. And here comes the sad story. Paypal doesnt work on turkey. Funny right. Since ebay so fixated on paypal and not makin it available for credit card payment. İ cannot buy that. Thanx for the help by the way
2018-10-21
Use props
aceven
lvl.1

Turkey

Ah you are a lifesaver thank you very much.i have been looking on ebay for a time searched as spark gimbal parts but it didnt come as results. Ebay search engine is such a mess.
Now all i have to do is to figure out how to buy from ebay since paypal doesnt work on turkey (such a shame). Maybe some webs that buying and sending you the item with a commission fee
2018-10-21
Use props
aceven
lvl.1

Turkey

Thats the part i was searching. Thx you very much. İ searched ebay as spark gimbal parts but it didnt give me this part as result.
Anyway now i have to find a web to buy from ebay for me with a little fee since ebay doesnt work on turkey(such a shame)
2018-10-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules