Instant review of still photo just taken?
1200 15 2018-10-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
offtheback
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13086942 ft
United States

Mavic 2 Pro-in digital cameras there is always a feature where as soon as the photo is taken you can see the result on the LCD screen.Can this be done on the Mavic 2 with an Ipad attached?I've searched the manual found nothing.i know you can press the arrow and then select the photo to review but that's a bit cumbersome and slow.

2018-10-21
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

in the flight records I think you can see your photos.
2018-10-21
Use props
offtheback
lvl.4
United States

Fre Mo Posted at 2018-10-21 23:17
in the flight records I think you can see your photos.

Thanks but I was looking for instant review.
2018-10-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Other than the feature you noted above, there is no way to instantly review a photo.
2018-10-22
Use props
offtheback
lvl.4
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-22 06:52
Other than the feature you noted above, there is no way to instantly review a photo.

Thanks Mike.Odd that you can't do that.Must be some complication that prevents it.
2018-10-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

I'm not sure. It sounds like a useful feature though.
2018-10-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

That seems like an iffy proposition, safety-wise.
2018-10-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-10-22 07:17
That seems like an iffy proposition, safety-wise.

Iffy in what way?
2018-10-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer

A couple things spring to mind: attention shift away from flying to photo review, and the blocking out of flight controls/feedback during the photo review period.

Granted, a typical short-duration photo preview would be ok in many situations like hovering, but not so much when the AC is moving along at a fast clip.

If you want a preview so that you can check focus or exposure, DJI provides real-time controls for that in Focus Peaking, the Histogram, and the Overexposure zebra.
2018-10-22
Use props
UAVNV
lvl.2

United States

I used an atomos ninja flame with a hdmi passthrough cable for my mobile device to preview, this allowed me to record the occusync preview after a shot. bonus using the luma scope and outdoor brightness, much easier and more functional to use than a crystal sky setup.
2018-10-22
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

On my iPad,  take the pic......click the arrow bottom right in the GO4 App, the latest newest picture is in the top left corner every time.....WOW that looks GREAT

Click the arrow top left and you go right back to the App....  easy Peasy.........

I am kinda thinking that about as INSTANT as you're gonna get,,,,,,,

Randy
2018-10-22
Use props
offtheback
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-10-22 08:30
A couple things spring to mind: attention shift away from flying to photo review, and the blocking out of flight controls/feedback during the photo review period.

Granted, a typical short-duration photo preview would be ok in many situations like hovering, but not so much when the AC is moving along at a fast clip.

Agree it needs to be used carefully.With most digital cameras a half press brings the live view back.Even so I might be transfixed when I create a masterpiece.:-)
2018-10-22
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-10-22 08:30

Many existing features of DJI GO and/or drones in general can be dangerous when used carelessly. Like those, there's a time and place for everything.

This would certainly not be a feature one would consider using when flying at a fast clip. Imagine trying to get back to the same place to re-shoot the photo again
2018-10-22
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 2018-10-22 13:09
Many existing features of DJI GO and/or drones in general can be dangerous when used carelessly. Like those, there's a time and place for everything.

This would certainly not be a feature one would consider using when flying at a fast clip. Imagine trying to get back to the same place to re-shoot the photo again

Which of those features you mention directly interfere with the ability to maintain situational awareness?

A problem app designers have to grapple with is determining when an operation is safe to allow the user and when it is unsafe to do so -- and then figure out a way to make it work w/o complication -- not sure there's a good way to provide this feature outside what DJI already provides.
2018-10-23
Use props
msinger
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-10-23 06:09
A problem app designers have to grapple with is determining when an operation is safe to allow the user and when it is unsafe to do so -- and then figure out a way to make it work w/o complication -- not sure there's a good way to provide this feature outside what DJI already provides.

The method they currently offer (as described by @rwynant V1 above) would be far more dangerous than the proposed quick preview method. So, that likely does not explain why this feature does not exist today. It's probably just super low on the priority list (or they've never thought of adding it).
2018-10-23
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

msinger Posted at 10-23 06:55
The method they currently offer (as described by @rwynant V1 above) would be far more dangerous than the proposed quick preview method. So, that likely does not explain why this feature does not exist today. It's probably just super low on the priority list (or they've never thought of adding it).

Is that really a problem for iPad users, does the preview obscure critical parts of the controller UI? I assumed the feature did not, but I never tried that when I experimented with a Mini 2.
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules