Can anyone tell me what is going on with my controller?
982 13 2018-10-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

I started a thread detailing about my issue with my remote controller few months back.... I'm grounded for two months because of this problem that im unable to fix.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid1590884

i'm running DJI GO4 app on Samsung J2, I sent the Remote back as suggested by other people and DJI admin on the forums, but the DJI retailer in my country  (malaysia) told me it has no problem after few days of testing, they SENT IT BACK TO ME   

Is the problem with my PHONE?

2018-10-22
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Change your phone to one on the recommended list. I would suggest you get an iPad mini 4, yes expensive but worth the investment.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Qi Yuan, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently, mobile device you used isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO/DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. I will be posting some of the fully supported devices that are tested by engineers. We're here to help you. Thank you.

2018-10-22
Use props
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

M2Wair Posted at 2018-10-22 03:10
Change your phone to one on the recommended list. I would suggest you get an iPad mini 4, yes expensive but worth the investment.

I'm thinking about getting an iphone tho, i was originally using dji go on my dad's old phone, think its time to get myself a phone
2018-10-22
Use props
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-22 03:24
Hi Qi Yuan, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently, mobile device you used isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO/DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. I will be posting some of the fully supported devices that are tested by engineers. We're here to help you. Thank you.

[view_image]

But in the 2nd part of video, when i hold the left joystick the input value will not change,  are you sure that it has nothing to do with hardware?
2018-10-22
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Qi Yuan Posted at 2018-10-22 03:38
But in the 2nd part of video, when i hold the left joystick the input value will not change,  are you sure that it has nothing to do with hardware?

Such a fault does exist, but as the DJI service centre in Malaysia have checked and said no issues its more than likely your device is the issue. Your best bet is to get a friend or family member with one of the compatible phones to check your controller, if your really worried that the DJI service centre made a mistake and you don't want to pay for a new phone.
That being said your phone is still not compatible so who knows what future/current issues you will have.
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Qi Yuan Posted at 2018-10-22 03:38

Hi Qi Yuan, thanks for your fast response, please refer to #6 Ben Mason's reply. My suggestion is kindly  download the app on the list of phones I provided. Thank you.
2018-10-22
Use props
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

Ben Mason Posted at 2018-10-22 03:44
Such a fault does exist, but as the DJI service centre in Malaysia have checked and said no issues its more than likely your device is the issue. Your best bet is to get a friend or family member with one of the compatible phones to check your controller, if your really worried that the DJI service centre made a mistake and you don't want to pay for a new phone.
That being said your phone is still not compatible so who knows what future/current issues you will have.

My bad, not dji service centre, its the retailer i bought the drone from, there are no service centres in our country unfortunately, the retailer told me they they flew 5 batteries' time and found no issue, guess the problem is really with the phone then, i'll try an IOS device from my friend asap to see if it works, thanks for the suggestion
2018-10-22
Use props
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-22 03:49
Hi Qi Yuan, thanks for your fast response, please refer to #6 Ben Mason's reply. My suggestion is kindly  download the app on the list of phones I provided. Thank you.

very cool, i'll try to find someone with IOS and report back, thanks
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Qi Yuan Posted at 2018-10-22 04:13
very cool, i'll try to find someone with IOS and report back, thanks

No worries, kindly let us know. Thank you.
2018-10-22
Use props
Ben Mason
lvl.4
Flight distance : 610614 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Qi Yuan Posted at 2018-10-22 04:12
My bad, not dji service centre, its the retailer i bought the drone from, there are no service centres in our country unfortunately, the retailer told me they they flew 5 batteries' time and found no issue, guess the problem is really with the phone then, i'll try an IOS device from my friend asap to see if it works, thanks for the suggestion

Oooof, i don't think i would trust the retailer, correct me if i'm wrong but if you do have the fault i'm thinking of and it is not a compatibility issue, then i believe i could fly your drone with very minor compensation on the left stick and it would fly fine. You can see this as you said at the end of the video where you correct it yourself with very minor touching of the left stick.

Anyway, definitely try it on a compatible device first. Incompatible devices create so many crazy problems so i wouldn't be shocked to find this is one of them, also for your own peace of mind, i would hate to hear that a crash occurred because of an incompatible device.
2018-10-22
Use props
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

Ben Mason Posted at 2018-10-22 04:57
Oooof, i don't think i would trust the retailer, correct me if i'm wrong but if you do have the fault i'm thinking of and it is not a compatibility issue, then i believe i could fly your drone with very minor compensation on the left stick and it would fly fine. You can see this as you said at the end of the video where you correct it yourself with very minor touching of the left stick.

Anyway, definitely try it on a compatible device first. Incompatible devices create so many crazy problems so i wouldn't be shocked to find this is one of them, also for your own peace of mind, i would hate to hear that a crash occurred because of an incompatible device.

tested on my new iphone. problem persists....
2018-10-23
Use props
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-22 04:24
No worries, kindly let us know. Thank you.

Greetings, i tested on my new iphone, problem persists. Guess its a hardware related problem. Screw my retailer
2018-10-23
Use props
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules