883 4 2018-10-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chumley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 480774 ft
Australia

I was wondering if anyone has managed to get the Offline Maps feature to work

I'm flying a M2P with Android and have all the latest updates installed.  I have used the offline maps feature in the Go 4 app to download a map of my local area and that appears successful as my map shows on the list as 77Mb and I can see the area it covers.  But if I fly with no wifi or cellphone data access then the map box remains just black.

Have I missed something?
2018-10-23
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>

Sounds like you did everything right. It works for me. Strange thing is that your mapbox is black.
If I fly in offline/airplane mode without having a map downloaded it's a bright map tone.
2018-10-23
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

I cant even donwload a map on android, it gets to 22% everytime and then shutsdown and tells me to delete whats already there.
So i can delete and it will download again and once more stop at 22~ %
2018-10-23
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft

I had that problem and found out that my map setting was on satellite or hybrid mode.  You might try this....bring the black map up in full screen and make sure its set in normal/regular map mode and not hybrid or satellite.  That's the only way I was able to get offline maps to work on my Android..........
2018-10-23
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 480774 ft
Australia

Thanks everyone. And yes, Sato has it right.  I normally run hybrid or satellite view because I'm in a rural area (not many streets).  Switching to normal map works however you have to do it beforehand on a working online map otherwise the view remains black. Easy to get caught out if moving to an area with no data connection even if you have the offline maps ready to go.
2018-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules