Zoom and goggles issue again
720 7 2018-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Seems I’m only getting about 600-1000 ft range with the goggle re before the feed was unbearably choppy and latent. When I disconnected the goggles, my range improved to about 1500 ft then got a little choppy. I’m using a DJI sunshade that’s slides over the rc and it also seemed my range increased once I took that off as well. I know they’re not supposed to block the signal  but it certainly seemed like my range increased when I removed it. Also, I keep getting a “ obstacle avoided warning” when there is nothing even remotely close(I’m about 300ft up in the sky). It seems like it happens when I’m descending as I’m traveling forward, just not all the time. I’m not in a wide open area by any means but this is frustrating to me. There are trees and hills but at 200-300 ft i would think I would have a lot more range , at least I better. I know that others on here have had similar issues and I would like to know if/how you resolved them as I’m losing confidence about flying. FYI, all firmware is current.
Thanks in advance
2018-10-26
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-10-26 19:25
Lock the bird to 2.4 ghz & see if it improves.

I will give that a try as soon as the weather improves.  Gettin a noreaster here in NY.
Thank you.
Would you have any idea what that "obstacle avoided, fly with caution" message is all about?
2018-10-27
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-10-27 08:11
Were you facing the sun?  Sometimes that can be misinterpreted as an obstacle.  Did you have the sunshade on?  I can't imagine it would be detected by the sensors but I don't know how it is designed.

Really wasnt sunny out when it happened yesterday, and the first time it happened it was cloudy out. The first time it happened ,i didnt realize i was flying close to an airport/nfz, it  was just out of sight in my map, didnt even know till i zoomed out on the map a bit. So ,for that instance, i assumed it was happening because of interference. But it happened again yesterday flying at home which i fly all the time. Am i right in thinking the first time it occurred was more than likely because of the close proximity to the nfz? I also lost signal that time when the zoom was no more than 50ft away(was bringing it in after i realized where i was flying). Luckily it was in my los when that happened.
2018-10-27
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-10-27 08:11
Were you facing the sun?  Sometimes that can be misinterpreted as an obstacle.  Did you have the sunshade on?  I can't imagine it would be detected by the sensors but I don't know how it is designed.

The sunshade slides over the antenna on my rc . Its the DJI one. I swear when i took that off the range increased gor my ac. Maybe just a coincidence. As soon as the weather breaks ill try just using the one frequency and see if that helps. Alreadt refreshed all the firmware on everything.  
2018-10-27
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2018-10-26 19:25
Lock the bird to 2.4 ghz & see if it improves.

Okay, so I took a test flight today messing with the channels and goggles. When I locked in to 2.4 there was interference and weak signal so I switched to 5.8 and everything went fine. Brought it out over 2000ft with a strong signal multiple times with no issues. As soon as I turned everything on with the auto setting on dual channels I received a weak signal warning and received the same message with locking just to 2.4. When I set it to 5.8 and 10mhz there was low interference and had plenty of range. Does this make sense? What’s the difference with the channels?
Now the goggles are a different story. They are NOT WORKING with the MP zoom. No matter what I do , as soon as they’re turned on I lose signal at no more that 5-600 ft away, EVERY TIME. This is unacceptable and DJI has to do something. Almost $600 dollars for a ugly headset that doesn’t work. DJI are you listening to all the problems???? Do something!!!
Any ways, if anyone could learn me something about the channels I would appreciate it . Thank you
2018-10-28
Use props
Les nagel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413435 ft
United States

I’m having same issues with my zoom and goggles about 1000 ft is all I get then lose connection of aircraft
You are correct the goggles are a big waste of money and I’m about ready to return my whole package
And just buy another p4p plus for the same cost
2018-10-28
Use props
Les nagel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413435 ft
United States

I will try your advice with the 5.8 setup though
2018-10-28
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
United States

Les nagel Posted at 2018-10-28 11:43
I will try your advice with the 5.8 setup though

Yeah, I’m in a “warning, unpaved airport, fly with caution” area so I’m pretty sure that’s why I have to play with the channels to get good range where I live.  The goggles? That’s an entirely different issue DJI HAS TO FIX. Sometimes I get the strong aircraft interference warning while flying here. I believe this is because planes coming into the closest airport to me (20 miles) are on their approach over my neighborhood. I hear them way up all the time. At least that’s what I’m thinking anyways. Can someone confirm that that’s probably why I get that warning?
2018-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules