USING MAVIC 2 PRO WITH ATOMOS NINJA V?
11049 12 2018-10-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droneandroam
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3392 ft
Canada

I just purchased the new Atomos Ninja V external monitor and recorder for my Nikon D850 but would also love to use it for the Mavic Pro 2. There is no HDMI out on the controller but hoping somone found a way around that with an adaptor or something. It would be awesome if DJI would team up with atomos in the future and be able to have it all compatible. I would have initially got the crystal sky but it doesnt have an HDMI input, so I couldnt use it with my Nikon D850.
2018-10-26
Use props
fanse87f8042
lvl.2

United States

AmazonBasics DisplayPort to HDMI Cable - 6 Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015OW3M1W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Aw-0Bb6V8SQH3
2018-10-26
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

You won’t be able to run dji go app.
2018-10-27
Use props
droneandroam
lvl.1
Canada

fanse87f8042 Posted at 2018-10-26 20:12
AmazonBasics DisplayPort to HDMI Cable - 6 Feet https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015OW3M1W/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Aw-0Bb6V8SQH3

Where is there a display port on your remote?
2018-10-27
Use props
droneandroam
lvl.1
Canada

Fre Mo Posted at 2018-10-27 00:23
You won’t be able to run dji go app.

Ahhh never thought about that. I think the only solution is using crystal sky then use the HDMI out from crystal sky to the atomos ninja as an extra monitor
2018-10-27
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

droneandroam Posted at 2018-10-27 05:19
Ahhh never thought about that. I think the only solution is using crystal sky then use the HDMI out from crystal sky to the atomos ninja as an extra monitor

Yes but what will be the use of 2 monitors? I think the crystalsky should be enough.
Maybe you can plug the Atomos to your phone running dji go but you will record also the flight data.
2018-10-27
Use props
droneandroam
lvl.1
Canada

Fre Mo Posted at 2018-10-27 07:32
Yes but what will be the use of 2 monitors? I think the crystalsky should be enough.
Maybe you can plug the Atomos to your phone running dji go but you will record also the flight data.

Using two monitors I can show my client what is on the screen without them hovering behind my back looking at the controller. I can shoot in D-log but on the atomos ninja V, I can already have a colour grade LUT on the live feed so its not a dull flat image like on the DJI GO app. I just want full capability of the technology in front of me and let me have options for future projects. Doing Powerline inspections I can also have a second guy look at the screen for inspecting. Hmmm for plugging in the atomos to my phone will be tough too because I need the phone plugged into the controller simultaneously.
2018-10-27
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

I bought a Ninja V too and also wanted to use it as a second monitor as well as being a better lit screen in the sun. Thought about Crystal Sky, but it’s quite expensive just for one purpose (the Ninja V is a little pricier but serves a lot more purposes, and feature packed. I use it for my Panasonic GH5).
Anyway, biggest issue I have with Crystal Sky is that it runs on a junk OS. Android is so inferior to iOS, it’s pathetic. We need an iPad mini with 1000 nits and we’ll be set.
So my solution is a cheap $20 wireless HDMI receiver, plugged into the Ninja V input. I AirPlay my phone’s screen (mirror) to the receiver and it displays on my Ninja V. It’s good for other stuff too, like TVs etc.

5G+2.4G Dual Band WiFi Display Dongle, iBosi Cheng Wireless Display Receiver for iOS Android Smartphones/Windows/ MacBook to HDTV Projector https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GJWQ6L5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_gml1BbEY3FBXS
2018-10-27
Use props
droneandroam
lvl.1
Canada

Streetmagus Posted at 2018-10-27 10:49
I bought a Ninja V too and also wanted to use it as a second monitor as well as being a better lit screen in the sun. Thought about Crystal Sky, but it’s quite expensive just for one purpose (the Ninja V is a little pricier but serves a lot more purposes, and feature packed. I use it for my Panasonic GH5).
Anyway, biggest issue I have with Crystal Sky is that it runs on a junk OS. Android is so inferior to iOS, it’s pathetic. We need an iPad mini with 1000 nits and we’ll be set.
So my solution is a cheap $20 wireless HDMI receiver, plugged into the Ninja V input. I AirPlay my phone’s screen (mirror) to the receiver and it displays on my Ninja V. It’s good for other stuff too, like TVs etc.

yeah crystal sky definitely needs a revamp. How much of a delay did you notice from your phone into your dongle? Also, did you splurge and get the anglebird atomX mini SSD? They were on backoder so I cheaped out and got a the Samsung 860EVO 1 TB SSD but not sure if it uses the most capability of the ninja V.
2018-10-28
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

droneandroam Posted at 2018-10-28 13:07
yeah crystal sky definitely needs a revamp. How much of a delay did you notice from your phone into your dongle? Also, did you splurge and get the anglebird atomX mini SSD? They were on backoder so I cheaped out and got a the Samsung 860EVO 1 TB SSD but not sure if it uses the most capability of the ninja V.

The delay is about 0.25 sec to half a second. I didn’t really test it and time it with slow motion video. But it’s actually not bad, very acceptable as a second monitor. As for flying with it, I wouldn’t unless it’s an easy open area flight.

I didn’t get the angel bird because it was all back ordered.
I got a 960Pro 1TB. I regretted it because I could’ve gotten a 860Evo 2TB for the same price? Any of those SSDs will be more than adequate for the Ninja V. The Ninja V is not gonna max out the 500 MB/s write speed.
The files from my GH5 bitrate is about 1800Mbps at 4K60p 10bit. That’s about 225MB/s.. these SSD can easily handle it.
2018-11-1
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

droneandroam Posted at 2018-10-27 05:19
Ahhh never thought about that. I think the only solution is using crystal sky then use the HDMI out from crystal sky to the atomos ninja as an extra monitor

Better idea would be to get the Smart Controller for die Mavic 2 which has an HDMI Output. But keep in Mind that you can't use the Atomos to record the footage in a ProRes file or something like that since the Smart Controller will output the live feed including all DJI Go App overlays
2019-1-24
Use props
Koia Koia
lvl.2
Flight distance : 772867 ft
United States

Bringing up old topic here and I run an inspire, but the Atmos Ninja V is great as a monitor to show you what your footage will look like with lut applied.  I personally find it very helpful in nailing exposure.  I would not buy it just as a monitor and there is really no benefit as a recorder.  I have it to use on other video cameras that are outputing a raw image so I can record in prores/dng.
2020-1-26
Use props
AstralDaydreams
lvl.2
Flight distance : 329619 ft
United Kingdom

rarevfx_official Posted at 2019-1-24 23:10
Better idea would be to get the Smart Controller for die Mavic 2 which has an HDMI Output. But keep in Mind that you can't use the Atomos to record the footage in a ProRes file or something like that since the Smart Controller will output the live feed including all DJI Go App overlays

incorrect. there is way to output from the smart controller JUST the camera view, at Full resolution. I'm doing a Video on it.
2022-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules