3522 5 2018-10-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lichtfänger
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1173862 ft
  • >>>
Vietnam

I shot a hyperlapse this morning with the option to save the original files as DNG (as I always do). I then changed the battery for a second flight, offloaded the SD card, reinserted it, formatted it and started the second hyperlapse in circle mode. The drone passed behind some tall buildings, eventually losing reception. It returned and had ended the hyperlapse before completing all scheduled images. When I inserted the card into my computer, the hyperlapse directory was created without any images in it. The 1080p rendering was saved however. I used a Recuva to try and see if they had been written to the card and deleted but it only found images from yesterday, so it seems it didn't even record them (otherwise those would've been overwritten). I went back into the app to check for the save original option and it was still enabled.
I'm sorry, but what the hell, DJI?
Did anyone have similar issues? I'm basically trying to raise some awareness of this issue. Don't think I can recover anything really. I also can't reshoot it either since I'm leaving today.
Also please expand to the shutter speed in time lapse modes (apart from free) to more than just 1/30s.
2018-10-27
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Lichtfänger, we're sorry for the troubles. Just to verify, does this appear regularly? Do you select to save the files in the built-in storage or the SD card? You may connect the aircraft with PC and another recommended SD card to verify, please keep us updated on the latest progress, thank you!

For the shutter speed, as the optical measurement technology used by the Mavic 2 requires continuous image information, so if the shutter speed is too low the video bitrate will stop, causing the visual measurement to fail; therefore the minimum shutter speed is limited to 1/30. We will continue to optimize the shutter threshold to ensure your flight experience, please pay attention to the firmware update.
2018-10-28
Use props
Sharky ScoHo
lvl.1
United States

I had the same thing happen. Using recommended San Disc extreme card 128g.    I found a low quality preview of the synthesized video in a sub folder called DJI album.    The raw files should be saved somewhere but are no where to be found.  I hooked up the drone to the computer and checked the card in the smart controller, the dedicated memory in the smart controller and of course the card in the drone.   I also lost the panoramic photo i took of an amazing sunset, I can see a thumbnail preview of it in a sub folder, but not the full size anywhere.   Anyone have an idea about what the cause is?   My firmware is up to date on all devices.
2019-5-28
Use props
Samuel Goncalves
lvl.1
Canada

Sharky ScoHo Posted at 5-28 21:35
I had the same thing happen. Using recommended San Disc extreme card 128g.    I found a low quality preview of the synthesized video in a sub folder called DJI album.    The raw files should be saved somewhere but are no where to be found.  I hooked up the drone to the computer and checked the card in the smart controller, the dedicated memory in the smart controller and of course the card in the drone.   I also lost the panoramic photo i took of an amazing sunset, I can see a thumbnail preview of it in a sub folder, but not the full size anywhere.   Anyone have an idea about what the cause is?   My firmware is up to date on all devices.

i stopped the hyperlapse before completing all the pictures and it didnt save, but i have done it before and still put together a video , not this time though is there a minimum of photos the mavic 2 has to take for it to form the hyperlapse?
2019-7-28
Use props
Solo1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 383238 ft
United States

Samuel Goncalves Posted at 7-28 20:32
i stopped the hyperlapse before completing all the pictures and it didnt save, but i have done it before and still put together a video , not this time though is there a minimum of photos the mavic 2 has to take for it to form the hyperlapse?

I think the minimum is 5 photos. or Enough to make one second of footage.
2019-7-29
Use props
Samuel Goncalves
lvl.1
Canada

Solo1 Posted at 7-29 20:46
I think the minimum is 5 photos. or Enough to make one second of footage.

I tried setting for 50 photos and stopping with 40 clicks but still did not put together as a hyperlapse. maybe its 2 sec
2019-7-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules