VPS Error Message
1088 8 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3172890 ft
United States

I've been seeing this brief error message pop up from time to time on my M2 Zoom.......
"In Flight, working vps encounters data exception"

It seems to be inconsequential, I see it maybe once every 4 or 5 flights maybe.  I assume that's a vision position sensor error of some sort but I have no issues with malfunctions or anything.  All my sensors seem to work fine..........

All firmware is latest with Go4 app ver 4.3.3 on iPad Mini 4.......
Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks!
VPS Error Screenshot.JPG
2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Have you tried to calibrate the sensors of your aircraft upon encountering this error message? We will confirm as well this error message with our engineers as well for further clarification. You can use the link below for your reference on where you can download the DJI Assistant 2 for the calibration of the sensors.  Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-10-28
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-28 13:53
Hi, thanks for the inquiry. Have you tried to calibrate the sensors of your aircraft upon encountering this error message? We will confirm as well this error message with our engineers as well for further clarification. You can use the link below for your reference on where you can download the DJI Assistant 2 for the calibration of the sensors.  Thank you for the support.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

Thanks Tony.  Trying that now but the Assistant 2 is stuck in step 4 of the calibration tutorial and will go no further. it just spins.  I've un-installed and reinstalled Assistant 2 with the same results, it's stuck on step 4 and will go no further........
2018-10-28
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

I've seen advice to try a different cable.
2018-10-28
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

ff22 Posted at 2018-10-28 15:50
I've seen advice to try a different cable.

Thanks I gave that a shot too.......no luck using the supplied DJI cable or the one for my phone........
2018-10-28
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

Got Assistant 2 working now........this is how I did it.........calibration complete finally.  Problem with Windows driver signatures.......This video shows a Mavic Pro but same problem I had getting hung up and wouldn't let me get to the actual calibration part........

2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-28 15:41
Thanks Tony.  Trying that now but the Assistant 2 is stuck in step 4 of the calibration tutorial and will go no further. it just spins.  I've un-installed and reinstalled Assistant 2 with the same results, it's stuck on step 4 and will go no further........

Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I would recommend trying to set the resolution of your monitor into a default mode and it would be better if you could possibly use a screen that has a 14inch size of the monitor or higher to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.
2018-10-30
Use props
Sato Zoom 2
lvl.4
United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-30 08:49
Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. I would recommend trying to set the resolution of your monitor into a default mode and it would be better if you could possibly use a screen that has a 14inch size of the monitor or higher to see if there will be changes. Please keep us posted on the latest progress. Thank you.

Thanks Tony, I got it to work, I had to set Windows to allow unsigned drivers.  I could never get past the tutorial screens to even begin the calibration process.  Once I got the process started it worked fine on my 17" monitor in standard resolution.........now to see if the VPS errors go away........
2018-10-30
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Sato Zoom 2 Posted at 2018-10-30 09:10
Thanks Tony, I got it to work, I had to set Windows to allow unsigned drivers.  I could never get past the tutorial screens to even begin the calibration process.  Once I got the process started it worked fine on my 17" monitor in standard resolution.........now to see if the VPS errors go away........

That's great to know! Please keep us posted if you need our assistance again. Have a safe flight ahead.
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules