Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Les nagel
lvl.1
Flight distance : 413435 ft
United States

Just bought mavic zoom with goggles
1st the goggles were not already paired with mavic
2nd after 3 days of fighting with trying to get goggles and aircraft to connect (both have latest firmware) found out it was the cord that gave the issue so had to buy a new cord just to update firmware
3rd now after 4 flights using googles just for gimbal tracking and taking pictures and videos (issues) gimbal always gets stuck looking to left of aircraft with landing gear showing on left side of picture I have to return home power down and restart my flight to get gimbal to pan left and right
4th the mavic zoom is supposed to have a 4 mile range so far my farthest flight has been 9000 feet not sure how I achieved it but that what I got before losing connection (luckily the return home feature worked after losing connection) the last 2 flights I’ve only achieved 1000 and 1200 before losing connection and return home after losing connection didn’t work I had to move closer to the aircraft to connect the last time it lost connection it was landing and not returning home nor hovering but I was able to get it back
Flying my p4p in same location I’m able to maintain 19230 feet away
We have a lake on a river that little over 4miles long and I can run the p4p almost the whole distance and the mavic zoom barely gets past the beach
For the cost between both units being almost identical I should’ve just bought another p4p but I could use the zoom on the camera (it’s incredible how good of a view I can now get without getting in closer and possibly hitting items I’m taking videos and pictures of
But when I want to use the mavic for fun it a piece of garbage (it made me edit the word POS)
Good thing I can still return it because a $2000.00 plus investment sucks if you can’t use it to it’s ful potential
2018-10-28
Use props
gtsdart
lvl.1
Flight distance : 19879 ft
United States

Agreed. I just bought the Mavic 2 Zoom and the RE Goggles along with a car charger. $1,987.00   Today I noticed a new to me update for the goggles ending in 107  I have everything updated to the latest firmware but My super expensive supposedly last word in FPV goggles go dark and lose signal at around 500 meters.  Even on a lake.  Set the junky goggles down and you can go miles no sweat.  I only show Active track and and Folow Me in the goggles when connected to the Mavic.  It shows all flight modes in the goggles when there not connected.  No idea at all how your supposed to access head tracking and such, though I did it compleatly by accident while carrying everything out side.  Cant get it back though it did work when I slopped onto it!
2018-10-28
Use props
Rfern
lvl.4
Flight distance : 482805 ft
United States

Same issues here, I wonder how many people have to have these issues before something gets done about it. Range is so bad on mine with the zoom , they’re unusable. Can go for miles without them. DJI, ARE YOU LISTENING?
2018-10-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules