541 5 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0eb423ec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384662 ft
Norway

Hi
Hope someone could help me a little bit. Every time i edit a movie, the quality is so bad when uploading to social medias. How do people do it to get good quality? Import videos directly from the drone? I'm new at this so i aprecciate every helping comments and guiding. When i look at the movies most of you make, thats like watching tv movies....
2018-10-28
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Because you say 'import movies from the drone', I am assuming you are getting the movies from the phone or tablet?

If so, those clips are only 720p resolution, and may also contain glitches and artefacts caused by the transmission process. The real movies are on the SD card in the aircraft. You should pop out the card, place it in an adapter and plug it into your computer. Then copy off the video and edit it with a good editing application.
2018-10-28
Use props
fans0eb423ec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 384662 ft
Norway

Thanks for the help. What kind og editing program do you recomend?
2018-10-28
Use props
Hellsgate
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1991555 ft
Australia

fans0eb423ec Posted at 2018-10-28 22:52
Thanks for the help. What kind og editing program do you recomend?

There are many good programs out there that you can either buy or download for free.
Many beginners start out using cyberlink power director.
Its not free but is very easy to use and has many features.
Your biggest problem that you will face is the power of your computer will restrict your editing capabilities.
To edit 4k videos you will need a powerfull computer with a top end graphics card that has its own built in ram.
You will need an i7 processor and lots of memory.
If this is beyond the budget then your best option is to reduce the video resolution in the drone down to 2.7k most computers/laptops will be able to handle this resolution without too much trouble.

So depending on your preference mac vs windows system will depend on the type of software you will require, i suggest you do a google search for video editing software and maybe start out with a free version then work your way up to the more powerfull and more professional type editors some can cost hundreds of $$$ so do your research to find one that suits your needs.
As you progress with your videos you will find you may start to run out of storage space as well so concider getting external hard drives to store your videos on, dont keep your vudeos on the computer as this will tend to slow it down more, only have them on there whilst editing then transfer to the storage device.
2018-10-29
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

What editing software did you use? Did you try to check if there is an option to adjust the resolution of the output? Cause you might set it in low resolution or that is the default resolution of the video editor. Also, what are the specs of the laptop/PC/Tablet/etc that you are using to edit the video?
2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching the DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently in editing a video. You may visit this Forum links https://forum.dji.com/thread-170473-1-1.html https://forum.dji.com/thread-169602-1-1.html, some of our co-pilots have gathered some inputs about editing/rendering video. Should you have any concerns, don't hesitate to reach us. We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-10-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules