DJI GO 4 crashes iPhone XS
2700 10 2018-10-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aenghus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41260 ft
United States

On Friday I upgraded my iPhone 8 using the “just keep paying us forever” Apple upgrade program. I loved my new iPhone XS at first.
But today when I went out to fly my MA, I ran into a critical problem.

While my new phone loaded the DJI GO 4 app, and I was able to fly the Air, the app cannot be closed. In other words, the app seems to crash the phone, but it (the app) continues to work.

But each time I finished a flight and wished to use my phone for any other purpose, I had to force-restart the phone.
This only occurs with the AC connected. I can open and close the app when the phone is not plugged into the controller.
Anyone else have this problem. What would you suggest I do?

Thank you.

2018-10-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi Aenghus, our apologies for the inconvenience. I would recommend you back up your files, sync you flight records and then reinstall the APP. You can also try to connect your mobile device for video downlink via a standard cable using the bottom port of the remote. Take note to remove first the cable that is connected already on the side port before you connect to the bottom port. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-29
Use props
Aenghus
lvl.2
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-29 01:59
Hi Aenghus, our apologies for the inconvenience. I would recommend you back up your files, sync you flight records and then reinstall the APP. You can also try to connect your mobile device for video downlink via a standard cable using the bottom port of the remote. Take note to remove first the cable that is connected already on the side port before you connect to the bottom port. Thanks for your support.

Thank you.
Sorry for the newbie questions...but how do I synch the flight records and back up the files? Do I use DJI Assistant for this?
2018-10-29
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

You can sync your flight logs in DJI GO like this:

2018-10-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Aenghus. Thank you for the additional inquiry. Please follow the tutorial video posted on post number 4. If you have additional inquiries please feel free to post. We are here to help you.
2018-10-29
Use props
smith_john
New

Italy

I am also facing the same issue as you. I am using the iPhone 7 and recently updated my iPhone os to iOS 11.2.1 after some days messages do not show in the correct order i.e, the issue of iPhone Messages Out of Order I am unable to fix this issue. What can i do?
2018-10-29
Use props
Aenghus
lvl.2
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-29 08:16
Hi Aenghus. Thank you for the additional inquiry. Please follow the tutorial video posted on post number 4. If you have additional inquiries please feel free to post. We are here to help you.

I backed up data, deleted app, then re-installed. The issue persists: I cannot close the app by swiping up from bottom of phone, even after disconnecting the iPhone XS from the controller. With my previous iPhone 8, I could close the app by pressing the phone's Home button. I DID find a workaround: if I go to the DJI GO's main menu to some other screen,I can then quit the app by sliding up from the bottom of the phone. However the "sliding up" gesture does not work on the Flight screen. Perhaps this is a "feature" and not a "bug?"
2018-10-30
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

smith_john Posted at 2018-10-29 23:34
I am also facing the same issue as you. I am using the iPhone 7 and recently updated my iPhone os to iOS 11.2.1 after some days messages do not show in the correct order i.e, the issue of iPhone Messages Out of Order I am unable to fix this issue. What can i do?

Please update your phone to iOS 12 - there were some issues with 11.1 + 11.2 and DJI Go 4.
2018-10-30
Use props
theothernt
Second Officer
Flight distance : 436171 ft
Ireland

Aenghus Posted at 2018-10-30 05:58
I backed up data, deleted app, then re-installed. The issue persists: I cannot close the app by swiping up from bottom of phone, even after disconnecting the iPhone XS from the controller. With my previous iPhone 8, I could close the app by pressing the phone's Home button. I DID find a workaround: if I go to the DJI GO's main menu to some other screen,I can then quit the app by sliding up from the bottom of the phone. However the "sliding up" gesture does not work on the Flight screen. Perhaps this is a "feature" and not a "bug?"

When your iPhone XR is in the controller, it's in landscape orientation - the notch is on the right hand side.

Which part of the screen are you swiping from?

If you tap the bottom of the screen (in landscape mode, so lightning port is on the left), a white bar indicator should appear - that is where you swipe up from.
2018-10-30
Use props
Aenghus
lvl.2
United States

theothernt Posted at 2018-10-30 08:49
When your iPhone XR is in the controller, it's in landscape orientation - the notch is on the right hand side.

Which part of the screen are you swiping from?

Swiping up from the bottom does not exit the DJI GO4 app when it's in flight mode, even AFTER the phone is removed from the controller.  Now I suspect that this is by design, so that one cannot quit the app inadvertently while flying. I CAN quit the app with the swipe up, after I navigate to one of its other screens.
2018-10-30
Use props
Tomcatuk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28743 ft
Netherlands

I'm using iPhone 7 and iPhone XS with latest apple update and have no problems...
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules