Running without props
2026 6 2015-6-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

Is it okay for discharging battery, to run phantom without propelers ?
2015-6-2
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes but I would do it in cool conditions maybe outside. I would not recommend idling it for a full battery though. Maybe just from 20% downwards.

Remember to buy extra propellers and one or two spare batteries to keep you flying

2015-6-2
Use props
acozyoruk
lvl.1

Philippines

I do the same, just put a small fan infront for cooling the unit.
2015-6-2
Use props
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

Yes my batt is below 15%.I just dont want my cats to get hurt by accident
2015-6-2
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

lukx Posted at 2015-6-3 00:07

Why would you want to drain past 15% ???  I don't think it is good for the battery to be discharged fully, even if you were to bring on a plane like recommended by DJI. Tahoe_Ed himself stated in another post that he doesn't discharge his batteries before travelling on a plane.
2015-6-2
Use props
s_nyky.yahoo
lvl.2

Canada

lukx Posted at 2015-6-3 00:07

Why would you want to drain past 15% ???  I don't think it is good for the battery to be discharged fully, even if you were to bring on a plane like recommended by DJI. Tahoe_Ed himself stated in another post that he doesn't discharge his batteries before travelling on a plane.
2015-6-2
Use props
lukx
lvl.2

Poland

I noticed one thing when starting without props and I'm not sure if this is how it's suppose to be or something is wrong. Basically I can start motors, then turn them off but when I want to start again I need to spin anyone of the the motors otherwise it doesn't start.Regarding fully discharging batteries it's in manual that you shoudl do that every 10 days I think.
2015-6-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules