What makes the Mavic Enterprise special?
2281 22 2018-10-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

...here's a comprehensive video to explain the key differences, new features and a look at the accessories currently available. Remember that this is just the start, imagine what other accessories DJI have in the pipeline to add in the coming 12 months!
Read more about the DJI Mavic Enterprise here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2-ente ... ue&pbc=FwBaHO2T

2018-10-31
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Very interesting video!
Thanks for sharing.

Fly safe everyone and enjoy
Alex
2018-10-31
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-31 03:02
Very interesting video!
Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Alex! I am surprised that DJI didn't give the Mavic Enterprise an IP rating for water, that would have made it VERY popular!!
2018-10-31
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very nice, I may have to purchase this instead of the MP2 or zoom.
2018-10-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

What makes the Mavic Enterprise special?

Ability to protect an expensive drone.  Making it a door stop to would be thieves.
At best, thieves will be forced to s-e-l-l one for parts, minus core board.  

"Your post contains some inappropriate content. Please review your post  and submit it again. Email djifansforumadmin@dji.com if you have any  questions."
What is inappropriate about the word ''s-e-l-l''?

How about at least telling us which part of a post is inappropriate.  Provide actual word that is inappropriate!

2018-10-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I just wonder how many wish they would have waited for the Enterprise and regretted buying the M2 and Zoom instead? I'm sure there are some.
2018-10-31
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1440459 ft
Singapore

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-31 04:58
I just wonder how many wish they would have waited for the Enterprise and regretted buying the M2 and Zoom instead? I'm sure there are some.

Yeah, DJI should have made the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom backwards compatible with these accessories... Now, the new port above opens up new possibilities for mounting accessories and the older Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom does not support them. Would have been nice to be able to attach the lighting accessory on the Mavic 2 Pro as a flash light for night time images - just adds new dimensions and options.

I was on the fence about getting a Mavic 2 Pro., but now, I will wait for a Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise in case some new cool DJI or 3rd party accessory becomes a must have.

2018-10-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

frank320 Posted at 2018-10-31 07:31
Yeah, DJI should have made the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom backwards compatible with these accessories... Now, the new port above opens up new possibilities for mounting accessories and the older Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom does not support them. Would have been nice to be able to attach the lighting accessory on the Mavic 2 Pro as a flash light for night time images - just adds new dimensions and options.

I was on the fence about getting a Mavic 2 Pro., but now, I will wait for a Mavic 2 Pro Enterprise in case some new cool DJI or 3rd party accessory becomes a must have.

oh ya 3rd party stuff will be coming out of the woodwork so to speak lol
If i had just bought the M2 Pro or the Zoom i would not be happy right now....but that's just me
2018-10-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Sergeant. Good day and thank you for sharing this informative video. Thank you for your support.
2018-10-31
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rolling56 Posted at 2018-10-31 07:56
oh ya 3rd party stuff will be coming out of the woodwork so to speak lol
If i had just bought the M2 Pro or the Zoom i would not be happy right now....but that's just me

I suspect that if you were to remove the top of the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, there might be the connection port for these accessories. Might be worth someone inspecting some tear-down videos to see if that's the case?
2018-10-31
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-31 08:19
Hi Sergeant. Good day and thank you for sharing this informative video. Thank you for your support.

My pleasure!! Would it be possible to pin this video to the front page of the forums?
2018-10-31
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
United States

sergeant Posted at 2018-10-31 08:33
I suspect that if you were to remove the top of the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, there might be the connection port for these accessories. Might be worth someone inspecting some tear-down videos to see if that's the case?

One would hope but hey would they do that and charge that much more for the real thing? I don't think so. The app is different also so i dunno
2018-10-31
Use props
GhostWolf010
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1118323 ft
Netherlands

The app is also compatible with the normal m2, and what I heard also with the m1, so that should not be a problem
2018-10-31
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Singapore

Nope, the now "older" Mavic 2 drones are NOT compatible with the new accessories. The accessories need to plug into a a port and secured, with actual hardware differences.
2018-10-31
Use props
SeanGalbraith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 891404 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Does it still have geofencing? Or is that reduced/removed so first responders can use it in more places?
2018-10-31
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

frank320 Posted at 2018-10-31 09:27
Nope, the now "older" Mavic 2 drones are NOT compatible with the new accessories. The accessories need to plug into a a port and secured, with actual hardware differences.

What I'm suggesting is that under the top chassis of the regular Mavic 2, there might be the connector or at least the wiring loom, bodging some sort of 'connectors' eitherside of it wouldn't be too tricky. People used to say that the Mavic 2 camera can't be swapped...until someone actually did it and proved that it was possible.
2018-10-31
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Singapore

sergeant Posted at 2018-10-31 11:08
What I'm suggesting is that under the top chassis of the regular Mavic 2, there might be the connector or at least the wiring loom, bodging some sort of 'connectors' eitherside of it wouldn't be too tricky. People used to say that the Mavic 2 camera can't be swapped...until someone actually did it and proved that it was possible.

As I mentioned before, the answer is nope - the older generation Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom will not be compatible with these new accessories. Watch at exactly 2:08 mark - There is nothing there like the Enterprise version.

Maybe you are technical enough to work on circuit boards and can solder a plug onto the motherboard, re-wire and re-jig the board to create space for the port and screw attachments and willing to void your warranty at the same time... :-)
2018-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It looks like a great little tool which will have many uses, I think it will be a big success.
2018-10-31
Use props
frank320
lvl.3
Singapore

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-31 12:07
It looks like a great little tool which will have many uses, I think it will be a big success.

Yeah, the usb-B port on the new Mavic 2 Enterprise will open up new possibilities for sure. I feel bad for the early Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom adopters - they got jibbed. Going forward, more likely than not, all later updated next gen versions of the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom will probably have the latch/ports available for use as an option for the user/job.

As it stands now, I would stay clear away from the already "outdated" Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and wait for them to update the next gen Mavic 2 with this capability. I know, you may not need these accessories now, but who knows what cool gadget either DJI or 3rd party can come up with that will greatly enhance the drone?

I, for one, will prefer a Mavic 2 with the capability and option of attaching components on the fly.
2018-10-31
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

frank320 Posted at 2018-10-31 12:52
Yeah, the usb-B port on the new Mavic 2 Enterprise will open up new possibilities for sure. I feel bad for the early Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom adopters - they got jibbed. Going forward, more likely than not, all later versions of Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom will probably have the latch/ports available for use as an option for the user/job.

As it stands now, I would stay clear away from the already "outdated" Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom and wait for them to update the next gen Mavic 2 with this capability. I know, you may not need these accessories now, but who knows what cool gadget either DJI or 3rd party can come up with that will greatly enhance the drone?

You also have to think about why you want new ME2, it has the zoom but doesn’t have features like dolly zoom, tap fly active track and many more features, it doesn’t have a hassleblad camera , it’s not exactly built for shooting video and photos in the way M2P and M2Z are, it’s also more expensive, for me if your not going to use this as a working tool, you will soon get fed up shining lights shouting sounds an watching your beacon going round and round.
As far as I know it will not be on sale to general public and you will need to authenticate your business and use for it.
But I do believe it has great potential for someone with good ideas for its use.
2018-10-31
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Being cameras can be swapped between Mavic 2 (HB) and Mavic 2 (Zoom), wondering if a HB camera from Mavic 2 can be put on a Mavic 2 Enterprise?
2018-10-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice video!
2018-10-31
Use props
sergeant
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 10-31 13:05
You also have to think about why you want new ME2, it has the zoom but doesn’t have features like dolly zoom, tap fly active track and many more features, it doesn’t have a hassleblad camera , it’s not exactly built for shooting video and photos in the way M2P and M2Z are, it’s also more expensive, for me if your not going to use this as a working tool, you will soon get fed up shining lights shouting sounds an watching your beacon going round and round.
As far as I know it will not be on sale to general public and you will need to authenticate your business and use for it.
But I do believe it has great potential for someone with good ideas for its use.

Do you know that the revised app doesn't have those features? Are you sure that you can't fly it using the regular DJI Go 4 app which would have those features? We must be careful to speculate until an Enterprise is in the hands of owners that can confirm/deny this for sure.
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules