1917 15 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansda45e4a1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7323 ft
Australia

Hi
I have been trying to transfer my files from my phantom 3 std aircraft to my computer. Aready see a lot of youtube videos and tutorial. I connected the aircraft with my laptop switch it on but in my laptop its not showing as a flash drive. Do I need to download a driver install software for that. If it is can someone please give me the link. My memory card is getting full and I am going for a new trip this weekend. Pease someone help me. I wasted heaps of hours by watching videos and reading blogs. But couldn't figure it out.
2018-11-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Get yourself a micro SD card reader.  Remove the micro SD card from the AC.  Insert the micro SD card into the card reader device.  Plug reader device into the usb port of your computer.  In Windows, it should pop up under File Explorer.  This is the best way to access / copy your files.  When you're done, be sure to "safely remove hardware and eject media" by clicking on the appropriate icon before unplugging the reader.  Return SD card to AC.  Good luck.  
2018-11-1
Use props
fansda45e4a1
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for your reply. But don't want to remove the memory card. Saw some scary videos about it. some people just can't put it back. Is there no way to use via usb to transfer it or any other way to delete the existing files?
2018-11-1
Use props
fansda45e4a1
lvl.1
Australia

Mark The Droner Posted at 11-1 04:21
Get yourself a micro SD card reader.  Remove the micro SD card from the AC.  Insert the micro SD card into the card reader device.  Plug reader device into the usb port of your computer.  In Windows, it should pop up under File Explorer.  This is the best way to access / copy your files.  Good luck.

Thanks for your reply. But don't want to remove the memory card. Saw some scary videos about it. some people just can't put it back. Is there no way to use via usb to transfer it or any other way to delete the existing files?
2018-11-1
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

fansda45e4a1 Posted at 11-1 04:27

I suppose there is a way, it should be outlined in your manual, but I've never done it that way.  Doing it your suggested way is slow and cumbersome.  There is nothing to be afraid of provided you "safely remove hardware and eject media."  You do have to click that icon or you risk corrupting the files on the card, but that shouldn't matter since you just copied them to your PC right?  I've done it this way hundreds of times.  No problems.  
2018-11-1
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fansda45e4a1 Posted at 11-1 04:27
But don't want to remove the memory card. Saw some scary videos about it. some people just can't put it back.
Really ??
You're joking aren't you?
Just pop the SD card, put it in a $3 USB adapter and put that in your computer.
There's no problem doing that.
It's what everyone else does.
Anything using a cable is very slow and clumsy.

2018-11-1
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

No need to worry about removing memory card.  Don't know where you read those stories, but they are complete unfounded.  Putting it back is also safe and simple.  Just don't force anything and make sure you have the correct lineup.
2018-11-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I have to say that I have only ever tried transfer once direct from AC to Computer .......... I went off to have dinner while it slowly trundled through !!

Simplest ... fastest ... way is as others say - get a card reader, remove card from AC, place in reader, plug into PC and use that ...

Some say copy the files ... some like me cut and paste them across. But sometimes I do only copy just in case when the files are very important to me. That way I have the originals still on card if needed. Once editing and so on completed - I then delete the files of the card.

Some say to format the card each time ............. i don't see the point other than knowing you have an empty card ... which then the AC recreates directorys / txt files etc.  when plugged back in ... so I only format maybe once every 3 or 4 months !

Nigel
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi Fansda45e4a1. I am sorry to know that your computer is not able to detect your DJI Phantom 3 Standard. Have you tried to use a different computer to check if a different computer can detect your Drone. If in case the result is the same the please follow the above suggestions in removing the SD card on your drone and insert it to your computer using a card reader. Thank you.
2018-11-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

The most common reason for non-recognition of a USB item is the cable .............

If the item is not recognised - try a different cable ... I have digi-cams ... tablets ... phones .... all sorts of gear that use USB cable and I have had to tag and mark the ones that work with specific items.

Nigel
2018-11-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

If I remember correctlly - to access the card while still in the AC - I had to have both AC and Controller on ....
There also is the issue of TWO USB ports on the AC ... one in the plastic shell accesses the internal memory data card and the USB port on the gimbal accesses the camera card

Nigel
2018-11-1
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

There is very little risk in pulling the Micro SD Card from the camera.  One hint; as you pull the card remember the orientation of the exposed metal connectors.  When you replace the card it will be much easier if you have these metal connectors oriented the same way....
2018-11-1
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Latvia

JackA Posted at 11-1 07:34
There is very little risk in pulling the Micro SD Card from the camera.  One hint; as you pull the card remember the orientation of the exposed metal connectors.  When you replace the card it will be much easier if you have these metal connectors oriented the same way....

If you do manage to FORCE card in wrong way up - that will be last time it will work !!  It won't go in wrong way unless you force it.

Nigel
2018-11-1
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

If you have a Win7 OS then you should download these drivers but not on a Win10 OS. The best way is to use a card reader for micro SD´s. Tilt down the cam,push gently the card in and release it slowly,and you can take out the card. The logo of the card is upper side and the connector on lower side.
2018-11-1
Use props
Knobbynomates
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

My guess, as Nigel suggested, Is you're probably using the wrong USB connection
It is slower than taking the card out but it doesn't take forever even with a big card (I leave my card in 'cos I'm lazy and suffer from 'fat fingers')
Use the one next to the camera on the gimbal
2018-11-1
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

Knobbynomates Posted at 11-1 09:43
My guess, as Nigel suggested, Is you're probably using the wrong USB connection
It is slower than taking the card out but it doesn't take forever even with a big card (I leave my card in 'cos I'm lazy and suffer from 'fat fingers')
Use the one next to the camera on the gimbal

It´s on the right side of the gimbal board.
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules