2325 10 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Shay13
lvl.2
Flight distance : 106355 ft
Ireland

Hi,

I just took my drone out to test Dronie. I tested it on MAX setting, which was 150m I believe. It went well, except for the fact that I had to wait a long time for it to complete. Is there a way to increase the speed in which the drone reverses from its target once Dronie has begun?

Thanks,
Shay
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for the inquiry. You mean adjusting the speed of the aircraft while flies backward and up? We will check your query with our team to see if could increase the speed while on it's Dronie mode. Thank you for the interest.
2018-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

When you process it down to 10 seconds, it will be quick.
2018-11-1
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

You can also use Tap-Fly Backwards for a Dronie shot!
2018-11-1
Use props
Shay13
lvl.2
Ireland

QuadFunAus Posted at 11-1 14:09
You can also use Tap-Fly Backwards for a Dronie shot!

Haven't used Tap Fly but I'll try this, thank you for the suggestion! Also, I know you can speed it up post shoot, but its the waiting for it to complete which I would like to speed up. It goes super slow in Dronie mode. It was obviously quicker when I did it at a shorter distance, but on MAX distance it just took so long. Maybe it was going against the wind... Not sure..
2018-11-1
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Australia

Shay13 Posted at 11-1 14:29
Haven't used Tap Fly but I'll try this, thank you for the suggestion! Also, I know you can speed it up post shoot, but its the waiting for it to complete which I would like to speed up. It goes super slow in Dronie mode. It was obviously quicker when I did it at a shorter distance, but on MAX distance it just took so long. Maybe it was going against the wind... Not sure..

Yeah, I've found it's pretty slow as well, I guess it's to get the most stable shot.  Most times a just use manual mode.  I haven't tried it, but active track may also work for a dronie shot, as long as it lets you fly back and away, it would keep the subject locked into the camera.   It would lose tracking as you get higher but by then the subject would be centered to the flying angle.  I might try this if I get a chance over the weekend!
If anyone here has tried active track for a dronie shot, maybe you could let us know if it worked?
2018-11-1
Use props
Shay13
lvl.2
Ireland

QuadFunAus Posted at 11-1 16:38
Yeah, I've found it's pretty slow as well, I guess it's to get the most stable shot.  Most times a just use manual mode.  I haven't tried it, but active track may also work for a dronie shot, as long as it lets you fly back and away, it would keep the subject locked into the camera.   It would lose tracking as you get higher but by then the subject would be centered to the flying angle.  I might try this if I get a chance over the weekend!
If anyone here has tried active track for a dronie shot, maybe you could let us know if it worked?

Great idea about using Active Track. I’ll try it at some stage. And yes I’ve done manual before but often ruined the shot with the slightest left or right slip of the thumb (that’s what she said...) I did it last week and I had my arm around my girlfriend sitting on the end of a pier, lovely manual dronie shot, but then my thumb slips a fraction and ruins it. I had one arm around her and one hand on both sticks with the controller sitting on my lap, directing it backwards and up. I’ll paste a link or attach it here so you can for yourself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wu4hrxtvzoj999/Roscommon%20-%20Lough%20Key%20Zoom%20Out.mp4?dl=0

2018-11-1
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Australia

Shay13 Posted at 11-1 23:40
Great idea about using Active Track. I’ll try it at some stage. And yes I’ve done manual before but often ruined the shot with the slightest left or right slip of the thumb (that’s what she said...) I did it last week and I had my arm around my girlfriend sitting on the end of a pier, lovely manual dronie shot, but then my thumb slips a fraction and ruins it. I had one arm around her and one hand on both sticks with the controller sitting on my lap, directing it backwards and up. I’ll paste a link or attach it here so you can for yourself.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5wu4hrxtvzoj999/Roscommon%20-%20Lough%20Key%20Zoom%20Out.mp4?dl=0

If you haven't already done so, changing your gimbal pitch and EXP setting really is a must to get smooth cinematic footage.
Here is a link to a really good YT vid on the subject:
Cheers mate!
2018-11-4
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Thanks for sharing your YT instruction video. It was very helpful because before, it was not clear to me how to put those settings.
Thnks again.
driverseat  
2018-11-5
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Australia

driverseat Posted at 11-5 01:05
Thanks for sharing your YT instruction video. It was very helpful because before, it was not clear to me how to put those settings.
Thnks again.
driverseat

You're welcome, but I can't take credit for it.  Just supplied the link, as I thought this YT vid explained the whole process very well!
2018-11-5
Use props
driverseat
First Officer
Flight distance : 1788576 ft
Netherlands

Yes I know but it is interesting to know and also see the menu were you can make those changes, what it will do, and the results from doing it.   
2018-11-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules