video choppy on s.d card
2241 13 2018-11-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 30046 ft
United States

got a new phantom 4 pro did some test on camera on my tablet watching it was great then watch it on my s/d card looks bad choppy then tryed a new s/d card geting the same help new one came with sony mircro 16 gb iu with a 3 in it and also a nother one the same way dont look clear at all
2018-11-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi COPILOT VATER. I am sorry to know that yu are having choppy videos on your recordings. I understand that you have used 2 different SD cards and the result is the same. May I know the model and the specifications of the SD cards that you are using, please?
2018-11-1
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Playing from your tablet its more than likely using the cached files on the tablet these are a smaller file easier to read for the tablet hence they seem smooth - the files an the SD card are massive full res files the tablet will struggle to play these smoothly - maybe this is your problem...??
2018-11-1
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
United States

Aerial-Image Posted at 11-1 08:27
Playing from your tablet its more than likely using the cached files on the tablet these are a smaller file easier to read for the tablet hence they seem smooth - the files an the SD card are massive full res files the tablet will struggle to play these smoothly - maybe this is your problem...??

no i put the s/d card on my computer it seems bad on the s/d card hopeing that i had a bad s/d card but i have tryed a nother card that was brand new s/d  i think i have found  the problem fixing to do a test i will let u know
2018-11-1
Use props
Aerial-Image
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1452408 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Even my pretty hot  27" iMac with 32GB RAM struggles with the original files playing without stutter, once exported from PremierPro all is fine and smoooth
2018-11-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

COPILOT VATER Posted at 11-1 11:06
no i put the s/d card on my computer it seems bad on the s/d card hopeing that i had a bad s/d card but i have tryed a nother card that was brand new s/d  i think i have found  the problem fixing to do a test i will let u know

It is important not to play the vidseo files back from the SD card itself. Copy the file onto the main drive of the computer then play it back.
2018-11-1
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-1 08:10
Hi COPILOT VATER. I am sorry to know that yu are having choppy videos on your recordings. I understand that you have used 2 different SD cards and the result is the same. May I know the model and the specifications of the SD cards that you are using, please?

this  is a new phantom pro and  i have a phantom standard and the video looks better on that one but the video looks great on my tablet  but put the s/d card on my computer  looks choppy stop video iam wondering if i have a bad ribben on my gimbal or something like that
2018-11-1
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
United States

Hi COPILOT VATER. I am sorry to know that yu are having choppy videos on your recordings. I understand that you have used 2 different SD cards and the result is the same. May I know the model and the specifications of the SD cards that you are using, please?

video look great on my tablet the i take my s/d card out put it on my computer choppy look like raining in the video come and go looks good then choppy lines
2018-11-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

COPILOT VATER Posted at 11-1 16:36
[view_image]
this  is a new phantom pro and  i have a phantom standard and the video looks better on that one but the video looks great on my tablet  but put the s/d card on my computer  looks choppy stop video iam wondering if i have a bad ribben on my gimbal or something like that

No, the ribbon has nothing to do with the quality of the recording. It will almost certainly be a problem of a slow computer or slow SD card adapter.
2018-11-1
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
United States

2018-11-2
Use props
COPILOT VATER
lvl.3
United States

Geebax Posted at 11-1 16:51
No, the ribbon has nothing to do with the quality of the recording. It will almost certainly be a problem of a slow computer or slow SD card adapter.

thx for the info its looking a lot better lower my seting it doing great
2018-11-2
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Glad you are getting some relief. Hope it gets much better in the future.

RedHotPoker
2018-11-2
Use props
djiuser_xNzaAd9sVjfo
lvl.2

India

Sorry to hear about the trouble. But before you can go with any software, I think you should try some effective manuals first to fix choppy video. That’s why I am recommending you to play your jerky video on some other media player. VLC Media Player is one of the free media players and is compatible with any device. So, to play your video using VLC, you need to follow these steps:
•        Firstly, start the VLC Player, then go to the Media
•        Choose the Convert or Save option
•        Then, add input files or streams which you want to be transcoded, after that you’ve to press the Convert or Save option again.
•        And in that Convert window which appears, you’ve to provide your file name for the destination file
•        Now, simply choose the desired input/Codecs from the profile list.
•        At this time, press the “Edit Selected Profile” to check or edit a profile settings
•        After that, you’ve to press on the Start option.

2020-7-31
Use props
KEJ
Second Officer
United Kingdom

I must admit, initially I always have a sneak peak at my video files(albeit from the GoPro shot at the beach or memory card from the drone P4A+), all shot in 4k & 3-4gb files and with no chop or shudder ever(default Quicktime player) - straight off the SD card plugged into the IMac.

And Yes,  before I process, I then copy over to the IMac before importing into Final Cut Pro etc, same as the previous chap a relatively meaty machine(8gb graphics card and 40gb Ram)

I did think the colour of your SD card looked a bit suspect from the picture, but that might just be the lighting conditions.

But I do agree older tablets will struggle or tablets without the necessary resources & as stated VLC is pretty good.

2020-7-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules