RTH
997 7 2018-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveMavZoom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 331473 ft
United Kingdom

Hi there, im a newbie, does the Mavic Zoom have a return to controller feature?

I was out with the drone two weeks ago and i was walking on a path and the battery got low and it started to return to the place it took off from.

If it doesnt have it can DJI make it a software update?
2018-11-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello. Welcome to DJI Forum and thank you for the inquiry. Yes the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom has the RTHF of the Return To Home Function. I would recommend setting the RTHF altitude higher than any objects on your location to prevent an incident. Thank you for the support and if you have any other concerns please feel free to post here at DJI forum. We are here to help you. Have a safe and happy flying.
2018-11-6
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Use the home point setting in this picture.
The first is to set home point to AC the second is set the home point to controller.
2018-11-6
Use props
SteveMavZoom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I know how to use RTH and how to set the height  but is there a way to set the drone to return to the controller when i am on the move?
2018-11-6
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

SteveMavZoom Posted at 11-6 14:19
I know how to use RTH and how to set the height  but is there a way to set the drone to return to the controller when i am on the move?

It is on the picture I posted.
2018-11-6
Use props
SteveMavZoom
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Thanks, so if i walk 100-200 metres i press that button it will create a new RTH location?
2018-11-6
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Iceland

SteveMavZoom Posted at 11-6 14:31
Thanks, so if i walk 100-200 metres i press that button it will create a new RTH location?

Yes if your device has good GPS it will, if not you will get week GPS signal warning.
Just bee sure the app has permissions  to use location.
2018-11-6
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

SteveMavZoom Posted at 11-6 14:31

It will as long as you're using a mobile device with a GPS receiver and it's reporting an accurate location. You'll need to manually reset the home point each time you move.
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules