#Autumn# - Hiking in the Appalachian Mountains
953 8 2018-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sirrahc_nash
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9354 ft
United States

This is footage from a weekend hike in the Appalachian Mountains near Gatlinburg Tennessee.  I used a DJI Spark to capture the footage and am still new to drone flying and this is my first post.  I used Filmora Wondershare to edit the video and string the clips together.  I added a fade transition to each clip and used Dirty Paws by Of Monsters and Men for the soundtrack.

One of the most important tips that I can think of and am still trying to work on is having a steady hand while flying.  I still get some jerky movements in some of my clips as you can see in this video, but I am getting better each time I fly.  Another tip, and possibly the most important one that I can think of is practice and repetition will increase your ability to fly steady and get amazing shots.

There are 2 pictures included in this video and they are the last 2 slides.  I used the Ken Burns effect on 2 panoramic pictures to get the scrolling appearance and I believe that this is a good technique to play around with as you can often get the appearance of video from a picture.

I look forward to flying and sharing more videos in future as I improve my technique.  I also look forward to all the amazing videos and insight that other users provide on this forum.

2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Panda
Administrator
Flight distance : 405039 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Nice work, enjoy the music so much, good choice.
2018-11-7
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superb footage  
2018-11-8
Use props
sirrahc_nash
lvl.2
United States

DJI Panda Posted at 11-7 23:29
Nice work, enjoy the music so much, good choice.

Thanks Panda!  Yeah, that song just felt right and definitely enhances the video.
2018-11-8
Use props
sirrahc_nash
lvl.2
United States

Thank you!!
2018-11-8
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome  
2018-11-8
Use props
Caspers driver
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

I’m a fan.

Well done although you made my eyes twitch a couple of times with the tree twigs. Ha ha

Got a brother that retired and moved to Maryville, TN. Would love to hike some of that trail if I ever go visit him.

Thanks!
2018-11-8
Use props
sirrahc_nash
lvl.2
United States

Caspers driver Posted at 11-8 17:28
I’m a fan.

Well done although you made my eyes twitch a couple of times with the tree twigs. Ha ha

Oh man, Maryville is in a perfect spot!  Right by several parks but still close to the city too.  If you ever make it down this way definitively check out the hike up Mount Leconte.  Beautiful hike.  Thanks Caspers Driver!
2018-11-9
Use props
Caspers driver
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4540515 ft
United States

sirrahc_nash Posted at 11-9 12:08
Oh man, Maryville is in a perfect spot!  Right by several parks but still close to the city too.  If you ever make it down this way definitively check out the hike up Mount Leconte.  Beautiful hike.  Thanks Caspers Driver!

Outstanding !

Thanks a million for that, and once again, loved your video.

Enjoy your drone and flights in that beautiful area.
2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules