Non Standard Battery?
1588 7 2018-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bernie_S
lvl.2
Flight distance : 140843 ft
United Kingdom

Following on from my problems last week with the Mavic Pro not recognising SD cards, & subsequently being unable to refresh the firmware, I have sent it away to one of the UK’s DJI registered maintenance outfits.

I have just heard back from them that the battery is a non-standard (i.e. not from DJI) item, & that this is why the firmware refresh wouldn’t work.

Quite apart from the fact that this means that the SOB who sold me the drone had swapped out the genuine battery for a cheap copy - has anybody else had similar issues using non-standard batteries? Or am I the only person who finds themselves with a non-DJI item on their hands?

2018-11-7
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, sorry to know about what you've found out with your DJI Products. We would recommend purchasing it on our website or at least on our authorized seller for genuine DJI Products. You may refer to the link below. Thank you for sharing your story here.

www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2018-11-7
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Do you have a picture of that battery?
Some weeks ago it was a tread here about this.
The original battery are made by Dongguan Amperex Technology and then it's also batteries made by Sunwoda Electronic.
2018-11-7
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Sure the DJI batteries cost a few euro/quid/bucks but it is worth the investment. Cheap batteries are a hazard to your drone as you have sadly found out. Hopefully you can address this with the seller, best of luck fella, hope you get this resolved quickly.
2018-11-7
Use props
Bernie_S
lvl.2
United Kingdom

G_Sig Posted at 11-7 11:46
Do you have a picture of that battery?
Some weeks ago it was a tread here about this.
The original battery are made by Dongguan Amperex Technology and then it's also batteries made by Sunwoda Electronic.

The label quite clearly states "Replacement Flight Battery".
2018-11-8
Use props
Zyras
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just had a look on ebay, i suspect that battery has a solid light strip on the other side...

If so:

Business seller information
Shenzhen DBK Electronics Co Ltd

Product Description:
1.Brand: Powerextra
2. Chemistry: Lithium-polymer
3.Capacity: 3830mAh
4.Configuration: 3S
5.Voltage: 11.4 V
6.Flight Time: Up to 23 minutes
7.Battery Capacity Lights: 25%, 50%, 75%, 100%
8.weight: 6.4 ounces
9.Status: Fully decoded
10.Fit for DJI Mavic: DJI Mavic Pro, DJI Mavic Pro Platinum, DJI Mavic Pro (White) and DJI Mavic Pro charger.

Not willing to post the eBay link as i'm pretty sure it could be taken as a violation of forum rules.
2018-11-8
Use props
G_Sig
First Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

Zyras Posted at 11-8 16:09
Just had a look on ebay, i suspect that battery has a solid light strip on the other side...

If so:

Some of these batteries have been reported to have down to 7 min flight time but some are OK.
It is safe to be use as power bank but not for flying.
I'm on modded firmware and modded app but there are 2 things which I always do.
1. Use just Dji parts, props and batteries as the 3. party batteries are not worth it.
2. Update my Fly Safe Database. I could remove the NFZ but it the same. It is not worth it as it is safer to have it.
2018-11-8
Use props
Bernie_S
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Zyras Posted at 11-8 16:09
Just had a look on ebay, i suspect that battery has a solid light strip on the other side...

If so:

Yes, it has.
2018-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules