OTG with ipad6 how to shut off WiFi.
782 4 2018-11-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Briansteenhoek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9734 ft
United States

Here is scenario I have an apple ipad 6 connecting to controller with OTG cable. I power on the controller then power on the spark. I have the OTG cable connected to the iPad 6 tablet and not to the controller. On the iPad shut off WiFi and Bluetooth. Launch the DJI go4 application. HERE IS THE ISSUE. When I plug in the OTG cable into the controller it connects and able to fly but do not get the warning that a third party device is connected and the WiFi stays connected? So WiFi and OTG cable are active? However when I unplug the OTG cable from the controller it does tell me looses connection. I went back into settings on iPad 6 and checked to make sure the WiFi and Bluetooth were still disabled and they were. How do I disable WiFi and only use OTG with ipad6? Any advice is gladly received. Thanks
2018-11-7
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

Instead of just turning off the WiFi, try to disconnect the iPad from the WiFi network.
2018-11-8
Use props
Sparkz71
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24259 ft
Australia

Do you have another device to search for WiFi  If you disabled WiFi, why ask how to disable again on the iPad? Problem is with ya iPad not disconnecting from WiFi. User error?

2018-11-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Briansteenhoek, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently. You just have to enable airplane mode of your iPad 6 for you to use OTG of your device. Hope this helps. Thank you.
2018-11-8
Use props
Briansteenhoek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9734 ft
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 11-8 01:56
Hi Briansteenhoek, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had recently. You just have to enable airplane mode of your iPad 6 for you to use OTG of your device. Hope this helps. Thank you.

Thanks. I have tried to place in airplane mode and some how the iPad is still finding WiFi because the WiFi logo is not greyed out and WiFi reads 5.8 with different signals? Shows my spark I’d and password. But when I go into settings everything is shut off on iPad.
2018-11-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules