AIRPLANE MODE ON STILL GETTING WIFI WITH OTG CONNECTED?
1243 19 2018-11-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Briansteenhoek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9734 ft
United States

I have a apple ipad6 using OTG cable to connect to controller and spark. On iPad put in airplane mode connect OTG cable to controller. Makes connection and get green light to fly. Have video feed but slight delay? On the flight screen indicates WiFi is connected when the OTG cable is connected and the iPad is in airplane mode. Anybody else having this issue?
2018-11-8
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

In flightmode you can use wifi.
Switch wifi off (EXTRA) or delete the RC's wifi from your phone
2018-11-8
Use props
Briansteenhoek
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 11-8 19:03

Not sure what you mean? Have ipad6 not phone connected via OTG to controller. iPad is in airplane mode but still getting WiFi connect. I only want OTG connection no WiFi. Thanks
2018-11-8
Use props
Briansteenhoek
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 11-8 19:03

Not sure what you mean? Have ipad6 not phone connected via OTG to controller. iPad is in airplane mode but still getting WiFi connect. I only want OTG connection no WiFi. Thanks
2018-11-8
Use props
Ryan Olivas
lvl.4

United States

I think he means you should remove the RC wifi from your Wifi networks on your iPad.
2018-11-8
Use props
drakegarfield
New

Vietnam

power off your wifi or delete the RC's wifi from your phone.

2018-11-8
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

u can still toggle WiFi on and off in airplane mode

i think u should remove it from ur iPad known network devices
2018-11-9
Use props
Wolferl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Germany

Can it be that you have a non-working OTG cable or plugging it the wrong way? If you see the RC's wifi network, you are not connected via cable. At least that is the case with Android devices. Cannot test how iOS devices behave here....
2018-11-9
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

I had the same issue on my I phone 7 in airplane mode using the cable.  Go into WIFI setting on your phone and delete the RC.  Getting ready for flight my steps from first to last are power on AC, power on RC(wait for green light), cable into phone, open DJI App, cable into RC.
2018-11-9
Use props
Briansteenhoek
lvl.1
United States

Laz22 Posted at 11-9 13:15
I had the same issue on my I phone 7 in airplane mode using the cable.  Go into WIFI setting on your phone and delete the RC.  Getting ready for flight my steps from first to last are power on AC, power on RC(wait for green light), cable into phone, open DJI App, cable into RC.

I talked with dji customer support and the recommend not to use the OTG cable and use spark WiFi said spark was designed to be used with WiFi and not OTG cable?
2018-11-9
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

To be sure it's using the OTG cable, try unplugging the cable. You'll want the aircraft on the ground when you try this 'cause if it's using OTG, it will stop working.
2018-11-9
Use props
Briansteenhoek
lvl.1
United States

Laz22 Posted at 11-9 13:15
I had the same issue on my I phone 7 in airplane mode using the cable.  Go into WIFI setting on your phone and delete the RC.  Getting ready for flight my steps from first to last are power on AC, power on RC(wait for green light), cable into phone, open DJI App, cable into RC.

I tried to remove from ipad6 but it finds it when I turn the controller on? No way to remove it unless I’m missing something? This frustrating because with the OTG cord getting slight camera lag and tried running on spark WiFi and looks the same? What is the best way to connect an ipad6 to the spark to get best connectivity? This can’t be that hard!
2018-11-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

What is so difficult on deleting the RC wifi from your phone or tab?
Or switching wifi OFF, in case it is on in flightmode?
Read the phone/tabs manual
2018-11-9
Use props
Briansteenhoek
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 11-9 18:45
What is so difficult on deleting the RC wifi from your phone or tab?
Or switching wifi OFF, in case it is on in flightmode?
Read the phone/tabs manual

Thanks whenever I turn on the RC the tablet finds it. Only way to remove from being seen is to put in airplane mode and turn off WiFi I have tried everything to remove RC WiFi from ipad6 but when I connect the OTG cable WiFi still shows on go4 app the signal is not greyed out. Any ideas?
2018-11-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

What is the difficulty with you/r device, to SWITCH THE BLOODY WIFI OFF or delete it ?
Is the problem behind or in front of the display?

I am pretty sure, you can delete it and with that the password.
Or is it a dftt topic?

2018-11-9
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

"On the flight screen indicates WiFi is connected when the OTG cable is connected and the iPad is in airplane mode. "

What is, for you: "On the flight screen indicates WiFi is connected"?
The 5.8 or 2.4 in the top row, perhaps?
2018-11-9
Use props
SAADHERO
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2269905 ft
Kuwait

Briansteenhoek Posted at 11-9 13:58
I talked with dji customer support and the recommend not to use the OTG cable and use spark WiFi said spark was designed to be used with WiFi and not OTG cable?

Dji says dont use OTG?!

lol i bought my OTG cable from the DJI store in my country they sell them
2018-11-10
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
  • >>>
Thailand

Android or iOS?
2018-11-10
Use props
Laz22
lvl.3
Flight distance : 63307 ft
United States

Tentoes Posted at 11-9 15:53
To be sure it's using the OTG cable, try unplugging the cable. You'll want the aircraft on the ground when you try this 'cause if it's using OTG, it will stop working.

Yes try this and the little signal strength bar on your interface with a 5.8 or 2.4 is the indicator of the signal between your AC and the Remote not your phone to the remote.
2018-11-10
Use props
Flighty
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1977175 ft
Croatia

For sure,, what you are seeing is the WiFi indication of connection between your remote (RC) and the Spark,, you will always see this, even with OTG connected.
2018-11-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules