Not able to update firmware
1333 9 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 9793 ft
United States

I've tried many different times to update the firmware on my new Mavic 2 zoom and it never works. I've tried on wifi, off wifi. I've restarted all of my devices multiple times. I've updated the app. I. Can't figure out what is going wrong...?
I'm missing hyperlapse and super resolution photo options.
Screenshot_20181109-092206.png
Screenshot_20181109-091752.png
Screenshot_20181109-092217.png
2018-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

I suggest you do it with DJI Assistant for Mavic 2: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads
2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry that you're having a problem updating the firmware of your Mavic 2 Zoom. I suggest you update the firmware of your drone using PC or laptop via DJI Assistant 2.  For reference, you may watch the attached video tutorial below. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you.

2018-11-9
Use props
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 11-9 08:51
I suggest you do it with DJI Assistant for Mavic 2: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads

Please excuse my ignorance, this is my first drone. I have no idea how to do use this. I went to your suggested site but I don't know what to do from there?
2018-11-9
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Idahoflyer Posted at 11-9 09:15
Please excuse my ignorance, this is my first drone. I have no idea how to do use this. I went to your suggested site but I don't know what to do from there?

No problem, here it is well explained:

And I also recommend you to have a look at all the other tutorials since you are a first time user:
https://forum.dji.com/thread-162792-1-1.html
2018-11-9
Use props
Idahoflyer
lvl.1
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 11-9 08:51

OK, I think I got it! Thank you for the info. The video that you and DJI Natalia posted helped a lot!
2018-11-9
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

Idahoflyer Posted at 11-9 09:15

The program they are talking about runs on a computer (it is not an app for phone).  You'd plug in a usb cable to the computer and the other end (the drone has a usb-micro-c port) to the drone.  Turn on the Drone with sufficient battery power.  Run the program on computer and hopefully, they will link and you can follow directions to upgrade.  If you have multiple batteries, insert each in turn into the drone and update the batteries - they, too, have firmware that needs to be in sync with the drone.  Then do the same for the controller (the joy stick device).  It has a port that accepts usb-micro plugs.

Ask away if any more questions.
2018-11-9
Use props
jmclfrsh5621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was told we do not have to update the batteries, then that I had to. So I’m confused.

What is the proper procedure? Does one power off the UAV, swap batteries, then re-update the software each time?
2018-11-10
Use props
fansd18654f8
New
Flight distance : 226 ft
United States

Hey guys. So I got my marvic zoom, it works perfect, only issue, I’m not seeing anything in the controller screen... the app is telling me it needs to be updated, but fails every time I try and update... any suggestions? Is it broke and needs to be replaced?
2018-11-10
Use props
ff22
Second Officer
United States

fansd18654f8 Posted at 11-10 06:19
Hey guys. So I got my marvic zoom, it works perfect, only issue, I’m not seeing anything in the controller screen... the app is telling me it needs to be updated, but fails every time I try and update... any suggestions? Is it broke and needs to be replaced?

You can use a computer connected to the internet to update the firmware on the drone, batteries and controller.  In the DJI downloads section are links to the DJI program.  Then you connect the computer to drone and then to the controller using appropriate usb cables (the drone and controller use different cables)
2018-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules