Hold camera focal point
846 3 2018-11-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KatManDEW
lvl.1
United States

Is there a way to have the camera stay pointed at a "point of interest" while manually flying up/down, and/or forward or back?

2018-11-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Katmandew, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Ensure that GPS signal is strong, Multiple Flight Modes is turned on and Beginner Mode is turned off under Main Controller Settings. Take off the aircraft in P-mode, launch DJI GO, toggle the Flight Mode Switch on the remote controller to F-mode (F-mode is unavailable for the Phantom 4), select Point of Interest on the screen. Fly the aircraft above the object to be orbited and tap “Record POI”.  

Set Altitude and Radius as required.
On the Return to Home Altitude prompt, set the Return-to-Home altitude as required and tap “Apply”. Then the aircraft will orbit the object.

Adjust the speed in Point of Interest any time during the flight. The maximum speed is related to the radius. When Radius is set to five meters, the maximum speed can be set to 4.2m/s. When Radius is greater than 30 meters, the maximum speed can be set to 10 m/s.

Hope this helps. Kindly reach us again if you have any concerns. Your support is highly appreciated.
2018-11-10
Use props
mrbill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 717100 ft
United Kingdom

As you can see, this only works for orbits. If you  fly a waypoint mission, you can position gimbal and camera along a series of waypoints, but you have to fly them first. You can also try spotlight mode, where you can draw a tracking area around an object and the camera will follow that
2018-11-10
Use props
KatManDEW
lvl.1
United States

Thank you DJI Gamora and mrbill. I want to keep the camera pointed at a object or area while I manually fly out away from the object. When I try to do that and move the vertical camera manually the vertical camera movement is jerky. I will look into spotlight mode.

Thanks again!
2018-11-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules